VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone!
    I hope you can help me with an issue here. I want to sell my Canon XA10 and buy Sony's AX53, mainly because of stabilization and because I need a simple auto mode good quality and small size camcorder, in the same price range. BUT, this AX53 doesn't have XLR. So now I'm facing a problem here. I already have an Audio Technica AT875R and if I could hook it up, that would be great. There is Sony XLR-K2M adapter, but it's way too expensive for me. One person is offering me some other Sony adapters (two different connectors), but looks like I cannot mount them since the shoe mount and the connection cable are separate. I add the photos for you to see. Is it possible to somehow use one of them, with some extra multi shoe adapter or something involved?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	38783 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1093
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	38784 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	38785

Or should I get a Rode Video Mic Pro? Is it the best option for a 3,5 mm jack? But the sound will not be as good and I wouldn't want to compromise if there's a way to add a XLR microphone.

Thanks for any help, I'm puzzled ...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you looked at these?

http://beachtek.com/

or simmilar adapters from other brands:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Camcorder-XLR-Adapters/ci/8673/N/3643794914
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, I know these. The problem is that I'm in Russia and they are almost not available here locally. And economics are down, everything is expensive now... I think I sell my Audiotechnica and go with Rode Pro, that seems the best solution at the moment.
    Quote Quote