VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I hope this is the right area to post this:

I have a video file that I encoded, but during playback the audio comes before the video (out of sync). I used the guide on this website and timed the delay and inserted a silence, and that seemed to work for about half the movie, and then it goes out of sync again. I then found out that the sound actually goes out of sync 3 or 4 times during the whole movie, which means the delay time changes every time it happens.

How can I fix this, because inserting a silence at one point seems to affect the other points where it stuffs up?? I know this a lot to take in, but this is driving me crazy PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is the current method that you are using ?, what programs, what guides, you say out of sync at the start, in the middle ?, for long periods of time or short ones ?.

More details please and I will try and help
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK, the guide i'm using was from this website but i can't seem to find it anymore. It uses TMPGEnc, goldwave, virtual dub to split the wav from the avi file, goldwave adds a silence to the wav file to push the audio forward, and i used TMPGEnc to de-multiplex, and encode, etc.

The sync seems to stuff up every time the picture becomes pixelated. The thing is, we can use the above method to fix the sync if the screen becomes pixelated once, but if it happens multple times (like in the video i've got now), i fix the first stuff up, and the sync is perfect, but then about 3minutes later, the picture fills up with pixels, and the audio becomes out of sync again. I tried cutting the entire sequence (the 5min or so where all the stuff ups happen) out of the avi, and encoding it, but it was still out of sync.

I don't know what else i can tell ya - but any advice at all would be good!!

Thanx
    Baz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not being an audio expert I can only say that when that happened to me, my bitrate had exceeded what my dvd player could handle as I was still doing xVCD's at the time. Another facotr may be if you had a bad frame so that when the encoder hit it, it just went "huh?" and did its best to sort it out causing the frame to go pixely and the sound to drop off. Again more details as to what you are doing might help a bit more. (i.e. avi to dvd, avi to mpeg-1 etc, etc.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you scan and remove bad frames first?
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote