VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, anybody here ever come across this?

http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/gradientshop/

I was told by one of the coders that it could really help in a situation with a heavily pixellated badly compressed video. However i can't code and the program is not yet set up to accept video files. Anybody interested in this let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not directly ... if you read the readme file you would see what you have to do.

You must break the video into individual images (for each frame you create a bmp and a jpg ... which could easily be thousands of individual images

Example 140 minutes x 25 fps = 210,000 jpg frames (double this due to generation of bmp frames).

Then create a script to process each frame ... could be finished by next millennia

Then use a scripting tool to load all processed images (now all TGA) into video application to merge as video output

And before all this you have to tweak the bmp files per-processing.

There are better methods than this ... but I'll give them an A+ for effort.

-------------------------------------

Remember the first rule here on videohelp

Rubbish in, rubbish out.

If the video has lost quality it can never be recovered ... we deal all too much with cctv customers with poor quality recordings expecting magic like from csi ... it aint happening I say.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Of course i already know that. I am looking for a developer would take this project to video files as input of course. I had actually talked to the main developer before, (who may not work on this project anymore) and he hadn't had time to get video file processing in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know anything about this particular program, but batch processing of huge numbers individual still frames is done all the time, using photo editing programs. The time it takes all depends on the specific functions being applied, and the speed of the program, but it usually isn't that much more than other types of rendering and video modifications, where an hour of video might take 20-40 hours to process.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!