VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The latest version 5.1.1.5 does recognize HD-DVD's and will rip them to your HD. You must manually install the UDF 2.5 driver to get Windows XP to recoganize the HD-DVD disk format also or upgrade your XP to SP3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds good. I'll have to test it. Maybe now I'll downconvert the hddvds I still have to dvd. Some I don't have on dvd. Some do have dvd flippers so those I wouldn't have to look at.

Thanks for the post.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    where does it say this???

5.1.1.5 Beta (November 14, 2008)
    New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    New: Updated language files.
    New: Some minor improvements.
    Fix: UOPs protection is not removed completely when using "Main Movie" mode.

hasn't it ripped HD-DVD for some time??
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  4. SP3 does not allow you to read UDF 2.5:
    https://blogs.technet.com/filecab/archive/2008/07/31/file-server-migration-toolkit-v-1-1-beta.aspx

You need the UDF 2.5 driver to read but you can write with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I made a clean install of XP-SP2 PRO and after setting up my programs I installed SP3 because my Firefox browser kept shutting down,intalling SP3 fixed that problem. I never installed UDF 2.5 and my computer recognizes HD-DVD. A clean install of SP2 means none of the updates and dll's since SP2 were on my computer.
    On a second computer I installed DVD Fab 5.1.1.5 and it would not recognize an HD-DVD until I manually installed UDF 2.5,this computer is running SP2.
    Quote Quote