VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have been given a Panasonic Lumix US import. It is very good. I would like to burn the files using my Panasonic blue ray recorder but I cannot because AVCHD files are for NTSC US system.

I have a converter programme which allows me to convert them to other files with the 25images requried for PAL. However, Fi I do that and save it is HD MPEG4 and try to use the SD card in my Panasonic Blue ray it does not read the files.

I am an absolute beginner and I have very little knwoledge of all the technical issues. Can anybody help me in converting these files to PAL system and also to AVHCD compatible with my Panasonic Blue Ray PAL recorder? Maybe I can use my coverter to convert them to MPEG4 compatible with PAL. But then I need to convert them back to AVCHD for Panasonic.

Help, Help, Help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried looking through the camera's menu to change the output between NTSC and PAL?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, but I have no such selection, I have also phoned Panasonic. As they are, the blue ray recorder plays them but does not burn them. I use Aunsoft software to convert the files to PAL compatible. It is OK to use the siles then on computer and burn them on regular DVD.

However, I would like to burn them in HD on my blueray. If I convert them to HD MPEG4 PAL compatible, the Blue ray does not read them. I guess they are not AVCHD format compatible for Panasonic. I have read about MultiAVCHD software ... maybe I should use this to convert back the PAL MPEG4 to Panasonic AVCHD? Is there an easier way of doing it?
    Quote Quote