VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As I've done some research, I found AviSynth has several filters that allow the usage of GPU acceleration for faster processing. My pc is capable of using NVIDIA Corporation (GeForce GTX 970M) and I'm looking for a way to use it when I process my videos on VirtualDub. However, there is no webpage that talks about using that filter. I believe it's LoadPlugin("D:\AviSynth\plugins\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    Video = DGAVCDecode_AVCSource(Video, dga=?, i420=?, deblock=?) filter. I'm not really sure if that's the right one and I have no idea what dga, i420, and deblock are about. Does anyone know?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's DGDecNV. Not free

DGSource("video.dgi")

http://rationalqm.us/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html

DGDecodeNV has other post processing filters that can run on GPU

Or, newer versions of lsmash can do it too for the source filter itself , and are finally stable for GPU

e.g for AVC in MP4

LSmashVideoSource("video.mp4", decoder="h264_cuvid")

or

for non MP4/MOV containers

LWLibavVideoSource("video.mkv", decoder="h264_cuvid")

Lsmash is only the source filter. No other filters/processing
    Quote Quote  
  3. Keep in mind that the source filter isn't a bottleneck in most instances. So it usually won't make a big difference in overall processing speed. It can make a difference if you're using very little filtering and a very fast encoder (like NVEnc).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I personally use my AMD card (RX 460) with LAV Filters for video decoding with Avisynth by first using either Directshowsource or DSS2 as the source filter. Then I use the program Win7DSFilterTweaker_6.3 to set LAV Filters as the default decoder for whatever format my card supports (H.264 HEVC). Win7DSFilterTweaker_6.3 only works with Windows 7, so I'm not sure how to do what it does in Windows 10. This should work the same with a Nvidia Card.

I mostly only use this setup when I want a really fast encode. GPU decoding is also more error prone. Also need to setup LAV Filters ahead of time and make sure it is using your GPU to decode.
    Last edited by KarMa; 14th Dec 2019 at 22:53.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Keep in mind that the source filter isn't a bottleneck in most instances. So it usually won't make a big difference in overall processing speed. It can make a difference if you're using very little filtering and a very fast encoder (like NVEnc).
    i have 20-25% increasing in encode speed when i use GPU decoding of source .......if you have source file with big bitrate the speed boost (when encoding) will be more ......
    Quote Quote