VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Great news - Have you ever need or wanted to know the chapter list and chapter index for a movie? This website can help.

DVDChapter is the ultimate source (well almost) for chapter lists and chapter time index.

The website launched on November 2, 2007. We are hoping that many of you will sign up and contribute information to this site. We at DVDChapter can not do it alone. Registration is free.

Thank you,

The DVD Chapter Team
    http://www.dvdchapter.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried, but server errors if I try to activate my account:

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() [function.mysqli-real-escape-string]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /mounted-storage/home41b/sub001/sc16833-TTPN/www.dvdchapter.com/scripts/mysql_connect.php on line 32

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() [function.mysqli-real-escape-string]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /mounted-storage/home41b/sub001/sc16833-TTPN/www.dvdchapter.com/scripts/mysql_connect.php on line 32

Please try again.

Also it would be nice to see an example of the Chapter info and the way it will appear on your site. I registered to see, but can't get access to anything because I can't activate my account.

L8r,
    Don
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your comment. We are working on this issued. Like we said before, we are new and have buggs. We will let you know when we have this fixed. We have also noted your other comment and will be adding a limited movie browse for non registered users.

The DVD Chapter Team
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can't register. It keeps telling me to enter my city, even though I entered it.

Edit: A few minutes later, now it works.

Edit2: Now I'm getting the same error as JustPlainDon above.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for registering with DVD Chapter.

Yes there is a bug in the activation page for the website. We have bypassed the activation for right now and you can log in.

If you have issues logging in please use the forgot password to reset your password and login using the new password that is emailed to you. There was also an issue with the registration script and the way the passwords are encrypted when entered into the database. If you have to reset your password, once you have logged in you can change your password back to a password of your choice.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am sure that we will discover other buggs along the way and we will address these promptly.

Thank you again

The DVD Chapter team
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    seems to be working okay now- just regged-see still in infant stages-hope it blooms - this would be a very useful site for me,(and I am sure lots of others here)- alot of my movies are avi that i am working on converting back to DVD and would be nice to have a COMPREHENISIVE site with info, to rebuild the chapters.......good luck donaldallen ...site looks nice so far........thanxs for the linx.
    w1569
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A small suggestion:
    the registration section only seems useful to US residents...
    I'm from canada... I did enter my correct address, etc, but coudn't enter
    my province... I had to use a fake state and zip code.....

maybe this could be fixed to allow registration of non united states residents?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Actually there is going to be lots of changes in the next few weeks. We have decided to drop the registration, but still give a way to enter in movies. We are also going to have it so that the movies will be broken down into movies and TV.

We put the website up thinking it was good, but we have discovered that it is just ok and changes need to be done. Please be patient while we work out all these buggs.

The DVD Chapter team.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I authored a program called Titlewriter
    In TW Chapter info can hard coded into the DVD_TEXT segment
    Your Site could be quite useful for TW's copy/paste function of Chapter Names into that Segment
    I'll implement An Auto lookup feature based on the Movie title if this site takes off
    But you need a search function based on Movie name

Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What exactly is the Chapter List Format? Shouldn't there be an option for "Original DVD" or something like that?

I could have used this site a couple of weeks ago. As it stands, I'll probably borrow DVDs from friends for the chapter points.

My project entails converting some VHS tapes to DVD. They are mostly films that I'd rather not re-purchase (even from the bargain bin), so converting them to dvd makes them more convenient and keeps them from deteriorating (at least not at the rate of tape).

For something like my project, I can see a site like this as worthwhile. The down side is that, like DVD cover sites, it's pretty much a piracy-support system. People like w1579, who download movies and convert, rather than legitimately buy them.

While I see a legitimate use for the site, I predict that less than .5 percent of the people who use it will not be warez kids.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hello everybody,

Well we have reworked the DVD Chapter website. Here are a few changes.

1. You will no longer have to register to browse the movie list.

2. The News Section has been completed.

3. We are working on a forum section so that we can have communication between us and the people using the site other than though the contact us page.

4. We have input our first 11 movies. While inputing movies is not a hard task it is tedious due to having to use several programs to find all the info. This is why we decided to create this site so we would never have to do this again.

For those who did register, thank you. Your information is still in the database and is going to be used when we bring the forum section online.

There has been interest from one software developer to integrate parts of the site into their software. Once we figure out how this is going to work we will be making an announcement.

Thank you

The DVD Chapter Team
    Quote Quote  
  12. Good News - We have added our search feature to the web site. We now have a simple search for the web site while we work on a better search. This is just a stop gap measure to keep things going at the web site.

We are now are up to almost 50 movies, but we need your help. We would like you to submit your movies with the chapter titles and time index. (hint, for the time index we have found that it is easy to use ChapterXtractor).

On Monday we will be placing a short tutorial on how to get the proper format to submit to us.

The DVD Chapter Team
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yes it has been a while. Well the problem is that some of us moved, some of us had job changes and some of us just got lazy. I asure you that we are back and going to be adding movies weekly.

We also had a request to have users to add their own movie information. We did have that option when we first started this website but dropped it. I think in the next few weeks we will add this feature back in.

We are currently having some issues with some of the thumbnails for the movies. We will be fixing this in the next few days.

Again, thank you for coming to our website.

The DVD Chapter Team

http://www.dvdchapter.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would be nice if the site clarified if the movie was PAL or NTSC, as the chapter times will vary. It would also be nice if it identified which release the movie was - perhaps by bar code or some other identifying feature. Often a movie gets released multiple times and the chapter stops can very depending on the release. A public domain release may have different chapter stops to a studio release of the same film, and different edits will also vary (e.g. European versus US edits, directors cuts etc)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think it is helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Some have asked for it and you are going to get it. The ability to add your own movies to the site. But here is the problem. When we created this website we didn't plan on this feature so we have had to go in and rework a few of the features. Also we have decided to do away with the Google ads.

In the next few weeks we will be working on moving a few things around and also adding some new features.

It will be worth the wait.

The DVD Chapter Team
    Quote Quote  
  17. Yes I promised this many months ago, but let me tell you what happened over those last few months.

We are located in Houston, TX and well most people know what happened to Houston in September. That is part of the story.

Two days before the Hurricane Ike, my house was broken into and both my computers with the new programing for the site. The the hurricane hit and we were with out power for 19 days.

After that I had to get new computers, new software, wait for the cable/internet to get fixed. On top of all that, as soon as that was in order I got a job building another site, which took me about two months.

But good news, the site is ready and will be up and running by Christmas.

People will be able to register for an account, add their own movies for all regions, images, cast, chapter list and chapter index.

Hopefully this will get everybody started while we work on other features for the site.

Thank you for waiting.

DVD Chapter Team
    Quote Quote  
  18. We have some bad news.

We have been working to update the DVD Chapter Website and was ready to launch it. Something has broke. As we work to correct this problem we have place the old website back up so you may at least view the DVDs that have already been entered.

Sorry for the delay

DVD Chapter Team
    Quote Quote