VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I have a WDTV Live and my parents have a Seagate 1080p HD media player. I like most everything on my WDTV except that it can't see & play DVD menus and extras and no chapter skip & does not support full HD sound. My Parents Seagate does see the menus I love that. But it has others issues like no chapter skip & making the dvd cover images work so you can see them. My question is there any other HD media players that are $300 and under that can do all of this and more? It needs to play all files like the WDTV does.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a segate theatre + and it does do chapter skip. Early about these parts people were making comparisons between the WDTV and something called popcorn hour.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    I have a segate theatre + and it does do chapter skip. Early about these parts people were making comparisons between the WDTV and something called popcorn hour.
    It does..... great. What about the images on the files? I noticed that only some of the movies I transfered from my WDTV HD to my parent Seagate HD only had some of the images appear. When all of the images were fine with my WDTV Live. If I can figure out this problem then maybe I will get the Seagate.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Watch for PopBox and Boxee Box. There are many others too. Popcorn Hour, Asus O!Play, Brite-View, MediaGate, Patriot Box, Tvix, Xtreamer...
    Quote Quote  
  5. if your budget is $300

get a PS 3

or the LG bd590 with 250gb hd

Divx,MKV,,,,,wireless, USB,,,

http://www.amazon.com/LG-BD590-Network-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B0036WT1V8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...3409138&sr=8-1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The ps3 won't do ntfs usb drives. Also it lacks mkv support. Unless of course your streaming to it wired and use something like ps3 media server or tversity.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    It does..... great. What about the images on the files? I noticed that only some of the movies I transfered from my WDTV HD to my parent Seagate HD only had some of the images appear. When all of the images were fine with my WDTV Live. If I can figure out this problem then maybe I will get the Seagate.
    I have never used it for the images on the files so I cannot speak to that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm seriously considering the Xtreamer to replace my WDTV (non-live).

I like the interface, and wireless functionality makes it very tempting. I'm pretty sure the Xtreamer supports DVD menus.

http://www.xtreamer.net/xtreamer/overview.aspx
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great thanks for the info alot to look into. I have two PS3's right now. But you can't us a USB hard drive with them and they only have a 500gb & 80 gb hard drive. I watch alot of HD stuff so streaming through my network doesn't work very well. It is wired with 60 meg connection not wireless but still get freezing when watching through PS3. I Also have 4tb worth of movies right now. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Parents Seagate does see the menus I love that.
    How do you get it to play the menu? Did you play an ISO image? Do you find any better media player than these 3? Which player are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coxanhvn View Post
    My Parents Seagate does see the menus I love that.
    How do you get it to play the menu? Did you play an ISO image? Do you find any better media player than these 3? Which player are you using?
    Yes the segate unit plays dvdiso files menu and all.
    Quote Quote