VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have a bunch of .x264 video's from my IP-cam. They play and sound well in my 'V264Player' programme. But if I open them in editing software like Adobe After Effects or Filmora, the audio is gone.

If I open it in MediaInfo, no audio channel is shown too. How's that possible? And what can I do about it?

[Attachment 46450 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    isn't sound in separate file with same name just with different extension? Supposing v in v264 means just video, but weird there isn't any duration. If audio is somehow encrypted, you can as last resort screencaptured V264Player output for example with OBS studio. Seems to be some proprietary AV file.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    isn't sound in separate file with same name just with different extension? Supposing v in v264 means just video, but weird there isn't any duration.
    No, I can't find any other files on the SD-card. Even if I select 'show hidden files' in windows explorer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can you post one of those files, please?
    Quote Quote  
  5. It looks like RAW (unmuxed) h264 stream.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    It looks like RAW (unmuxed) h264 stream.
    But V264Player does play the audio...

I found a file called hi264dec2550.dll in the V264Player-folder. Do I have to 'import' this file in another player or programme? To make it possible to play the .v264 file in another player?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Why don't you upload some sample for us? (My crystal ball is broken)
    Quote Quote  
  8. There's an instruction how to play/convert .264 videos from IP Cameras at:
    https://www.unifore.net/ip-video-surveillance/how-to-play-264-video-files-from-ip-cameras-dvrs.html

Somewhere the audio must be hidden. That's why it would be of interest if you could post such a file.

From what MediaInfo says, Atak_Snajpera is right. It looks like raw h264 data.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by fornit View Post
    There's an instruction how to play/convert .264 videos from IP Cameras at:
    https://www.unifore.net/ip-video-surveillance/how-to-play-264-video-files-from-ip-cameras-dvrs.html
    Yes, I already set the Demux Module to 'H264 Video demuxer' in VLC. But the setting switches back to 'HEVC/H.265 videodemuxer' automatically.
    The video only shows a stil (it hangs)l, and no audio.

Originally Posted by fornit View Post
    Somewhere the audio must be hidden. That's why it would be of interest if you could post such a file.
    I uploaded a sample file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cb99-Y7K8G9F4bacN3OsJ7j2TgA2Nt_/view?usp=sharing
    Last edited by woooei; 13th Aug 2018 at 08:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. And if you put your "test movie.v264" sample into an empty folder on your HDD and play with it with 'V264Player' it plays audio?

I see some strange NALs in there not related to video but they are too small to be audio, I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    And if you put your "test movie.v264" sample into an empty folder on your HDD and play with it with 'V264Player' it plays audio?
    Yes!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok, I found the player and hear the sound (someone knocking). It's some weird proprietary format/extension to H.264 ES. All slices seem to have some extra audio data. But I'm not qualified for reverse engineering so the best I could do would be to just old school record the audio output of the player... Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    It's some weird proprietary format/extension to H.264 ES. All slices seem to have some extra audio data
    That's very weird indeed. But thanks for thinking along!
    Quote Quote