VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Can somebody help me with the following:

1. I am trying to automatically change the resolution of many vids. When I add them to xmedia recode I can change it one by one, when 'keep aspect ratio' is active so it does change the 2nd line respectfully/corrects based on 1st line I have changed.
    But I cannot find a way to put all the files as one batch to reduce their resolution for example to 720p on the long side so the short one is automatically corrected (even with different aspect ratios like 4;3 and 21;9).

2. Since I have this issue with the XMR I am looking for another software that can do the thing I mentioned above properly with option to tune x264 with a GUI. Can somebody recommend an alternative?

3. Similar to 2nd question, but what is the best or most stable and well known software that contains all the x264 keys as a GUI? I don't remember all of them but I would like to use them and to have option to select them via GUI so I can properly recode my large video base to save up on space...
    At this point, maybe I should go with the AV1 instead, but it is nowhere near it should be especially if we consider ultimately slow encoding times (I heard it even slower than x265 placebo by few times)?

4. Do we have an up to date modern guide to all x264/265 and maybe av1 keys explained? I had few old guides saved somewhere but they were not properly explained or semi-vague...I need something good, really GOOD and well explained.
    I want to create a superb preset to preserve my BluRay remuxes in similar to lossless quality at a smallest size possible

PS Sorry if there is a better place to ask-I was looking for one, but failed to find a place for noob questions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No one knows or wrong place to ask?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try vidcoder.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it cannot change resolution accordingly...I do not understand why it is so hard for many devs of similar software to implement an option when you set the long side and the short one will be reduced accordingly as well...otherwise looking good. I should spend more time with it
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It changes resolution for me,you just have to change some of the settings to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    It changes resolution for me,you just have to change some of the settings to do that.
    Menu does not show any difference. Maybe the end result will be different
    Last edited by ltgms; 16th Nov 2022 at 16:58.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Go into vidcoder encoder settings/sizing and see the cropping and sizing options,there you can set it so all files will encode at 720 even if some are 4:3 or 6:9,they will stay at the proper ratio,you can also set it to higher resolutions.
    Quote Quote