VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just getting started with this whole process in avisynth and am running into some problems with the most basic dirt removal script.

I found this thread and am using it as the basis for getting started:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378714-Dirt-removal-in-Virtual-Dub

Here is the code I'm starting with:
    Code:
    import("/home/babag/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/AviSynth+/plugins64+/RemoveDirtMC.avsi")

AviSource("tal 32 cor masked dirt.avi") 
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
    RemoveDirtMC(20, false)
    (I do have the source file listed in the code. I downloaded it from the thread above.)

If I save this as an avs file and try to open it in Virtualdub I get this error:
    Avisynth open failure:
    Script error: There is no function named 'RemoveDirtMC'.
    (C:\users\babag\Desktop\Downloads\Video\Avisynth\A visynth\Tests\tal 32 cor masked dirt.avs, line 7)
    If I comment out the ConvertToYV12 line and the RemoveDirtMC line, the file opens, obviously with no processing.

If I only comment the RemoveDirtMC line, the file still opens.

I have downloaded and extracted the filters RemoveDirt as well as RemoveDirtMC and have placed RemoveDirt.dll and RemoveDirtMC.avsi into my Avisynth+/plugins64+ folder.

It doesn't seem to matter which of the four plugin folders (plugins, plugins+, plugins64, plugins64+) I put them in, the same error always comes up.

I've also looked at the requirements for RemoveDirtMC (v1.57) :

- MVTools (v2.5.11.2)
    - RemoveGrainT (v1.0) package
    - RemoveDirt (v0.9) package
    - AvsRecursion (v0.2)
    - FluxSmooth (v1.1)

I hope I've got the right ones as there are no links but I did find versions of them and put them into the Plugins64+ folder, except for a couple that threw an error about 32bit vs 64bit. Once I moved them to the Plugins+ folder they ceased throwing their errors but I get the error about the RemoveDirtMC function not being found.

Can anyone help me through this? Is there a link someplace that has all of this gathered in one place? I'm interested in what VideoFred and johnmeyer are doing but, if I can't even get a four line script to load, I must be a long way off from being able to try their scripts.

thanks for any guidance,
    BabaG
    Quote Quote  
  2. [cocde]Avisynth open failure:
    Script error: There is no function named 'RemoveDirtMC'.
    (C:\users\babag\Desktop\Downloads\Video\Avisynth\A visynth\Tests\tal 32 cor masked dirt.avs, line 7)[/code]
    What does your whole script look like?
    The snippet:
    Code:
    import("/home/babag/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/AviSynth+/plugins64+/RemoveDirtMC.avsi")

AviSource("tal 32 cor masked dirt.avi") 
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
    RemoveDirtMC(20, false)
    Doesn't have 7 lines,...
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply, selur. this is the whole script. just a short test. i took out the commented lines to make it easier to read. that probably explains the discrepancy in the error's reference to 'line 7.' the line:

RemoveDirtMC(20, false)

should be what the error refers to.

as it turns out, i was eventually able to get the file to open by finding the right/compatible versions of dlls and functions and finding the right folders to put them in. i'll try to post back with details on that in case someone else needs to set things up. apparently there are a million versions of these files and, often, little documentation, at least that a novice at this kind of thing can follow.

thanks again,
    babag
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are some notes I've just made for myself for anyone running into similar confusion as I have. They are regarding additional functions/dlls needed and where I put them that got my files to load.

https://github.com/pinterf/RemoveDirt/releases
    Put the RemoveDirt.dll file from the x64 folder into the Plugins64+ folder for Avisynth+

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/WarpSharp
    Put warpsharp.dll in the Plugins64+ Avisynth folder. UnsharpMask is a part of this dll.

https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/9236-find-removedirtmc-replaceframesmc2.html
    Post number four in this forum thread has a link to RemoveDirtMC.avs.
    Put RemoveDirtMC.avs into the Avisynth Plugins+ folder

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341917-remove-noise-and-block/page3
    Post number 77 here has a RemoveDirt function posted by sanlyn to be saved as RemoveDirt.avs and placed in the Avisynth Plugins+ folder. The file I have is dated 3/1/12

There are, undoubtedly, other things missing that I'd already put into Avisynth folders that a fresh install would be missing and would have to be tracked down.
    Quote Quote