VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Paypal'd on 5/17/15 to Badger IT (can see the transaction on PayPal).
    Just wondering what to do other than wait...

-Phil
    Quote Quote  
  2. got email finally. They said they sent it already, but followed up w/ re-send.
    FYI: their email response file .eml file needs to be renamed as .txt to allow
    it to be read.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I've got the exactly same problem.
    Payed but no response - now waited for 12 days.
    Even tried e-mailing...
    What am I to do???
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the same problem, I paid, and have received no email with registration....
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have the same problem!!
    I've have just paid for a license VOB2MPG-PRO (bill to florindastiz@gmail) but no license was sent.
    Please help me
    Quote Quote  
  6. I know this doesn't help, but if I've ever seen a good reason to get a pirate version......... this is it. The person responsible for VOB2MPG-PRO shouldn't be allowed to use videohelp as a problem contact. Too many times people post, "I've paid but didn't get the registration key," rhetoric.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Finally I have correctly received my purchased license.
    It was stored in my SPAM folder...
    Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pbc View Post
    Paypal'd on 5/17/15 to Badger IT (can see the transaction on PayPal).
    Just wondering what to do other than wait...

-Phil
    Very late to the party, so add me to the list. Should have checked here first -- missed the "No Longer Developed" at top of the VH Tools page -- but the most recent file dates for V3 being from 2010 is clearly a clue, so that's on me ! I went straight to their website instead. Oh well -- it's only 17 bucks at today's exchange rate . . . . They are quite possibly no longer forum-ing or monitoring email contacts, by this point ? The payment went through, however. If anyone has a serial to unlock what I purchased, that would be most welcome. PM me.

I might have bought this a lot earlier, but for the Net Framework thing, which always turned me off when I saw that requirement on something. It also looks like we need to jump through some hoops to have this fully working on x64 or Windows beyond 7 ? (I don't have much interest in going past 7 anyway, but . . . .)

In the meantime, I picked up DVDVob2Mpg, which I hope may provide comparable functionality. It has only two reviews here so far, and was most recently updated in 2014.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you might want to check all your email spam folders. the last guy from 11-2015 found his key there. it might not be developed anymore but chrissyboy the author always struck me as a straight shooter and wouldn't continue to take money if the key wasn't coming.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    you might want to check all your email spam folders. the last guy from 11-2015 found his key there. it might not be developed anymore but chrissyboy the author always struck me as a straight shooter and wouldn't continue to take money if the key wasn't coming.
    Thanks for your reply. That particular email account (linked to PayPal) is pretty aggressive in regard to spam, in ways that are not at all easy for me to control. I did not see anything there, which is not to completely rule out its being zapped even before I could check. On the other hand, others were talking about waiting 12 days for their keys . . . .

Speaking about being late to the party, I have used DVD Rebuilder (free) for years, and was on the verge of finally buying the Pro version . . . but I see that ceased development too, in 2008. Wouldn't I be looking at a similar situation there, in regard to scrounging for a response or a key ? (Yes, the world at large may have mostly moved on to Blu-Ray, AVCHD, 3D -- whatever -- but I continue to muddle on working with DVDs, so the state of some now possibly archaic software remains important to me.)

The respective authors of said software certainly do not owe any of us anything, but I would simply note several cases I've seen over the years where the creators of programs that became abandoned, or no longer developed and supported, took the step of "throwing the doors open" and made it freeware by releasing a key. Where that has happened I think they are to be applauded.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lots of older software needs to be installed outside of the c:/program files folders for win7 and newer. i have multiple drives so i use d:/program folders.

i'd give it a couple weeks before reporting a missing key. there is still a contact email on the svcd webpage. registration_issues(at)svcd2dvd(dot)com
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lots of older software needs to be installed outside of the c:/program files folders for win7 and newer. i have multiple drives so i use d:/program folders.

i'd give it a couple weeks before reporting a missing key. there is still a contact email on the svcd webpage. registration_issues(at)svcd2dvd(dot)com
    No worries -- have now received the key. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I am not used to a lag in notifying confirmation of a purchase like this. It seems very unprofessional to me. I usually get a confirmation of my purchase INSTANTLY in this day of digital technology and all that it offers. The order instructions were vague and unclear on how to proceed, other than giving him the money. Seems sloppy and I don't like waiting around to see if my order has been accepted let alone receive the unlocking key.

I sent an email to his paypal listing along with the registration issue email address, which I have a resentment to even having to do in the first place due to the negligence of the seller. I checked the spam folder too, nothing yet.

Maybe he's on vacation (excuse me, HOLIDAY)!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by grecco2 View Post
    I am not used to a lag in notifying confirmation of a purchase like this. It seems very unprofessional to me. I usually get a confirmation of my purchase INSTANTLY in this day of digital technology and all that it offers. The order instructions were vague and unclear on how to proceed, other than giving him the money. Seems sloppy and I don't like waiting around to see if my order has been accepted let alone receive the unlocking key.

I sent an email to his paypal listing along with the registration issue email address, which I have a resentment to even having to do in the first place due to the negligence of the seller. I checked the spam folder too, nothing yet.

Maybe he's on vacation (excuse me, HOLIDAY)!

you're the ***** that paid for software that hasn't been updated in 7 years. don't complain about a couple weeks, be thankful if you get it.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  15. Clearly with this many people having issues with retrieving their serial number there is a problem with the following up process from the seller. There is no issue with the software. My complaint is just the method with which the registration is completed. No other vendors I have purchased from resulted in these types of issues. It got resolved though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is probably not uncommon for software this old that is now barely maintained or updated. If you were a developer, and purchase activity has been minimal for quite some time, how often would you bother checking the old email mailbox for it ? (Just trying to see both sides here . . . . )

But it does create real complications for any prospective late buyers. I'll state again that I stand ready to -- at long last -- purchase a license for the Pro edition of DVD Rebuilder . . . but I could find no indication that this would be anything other than firing $ into a black hole. I tried a couple times via the author's website. No replies. O.K., I can continue getting by with the free edition.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll state again that I stand ready to -- at long last -- purchase a license for the Pro edition of DVD Rebuilder . . . but I could find no indication that this would be anything other than firing $ into a black hole. I tried a couple times via the author's website. No replies. O.K., I can continue getting by with the free edition.
    There is no "pro" version...likely never will be.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
    I'll state again that I stand ready to -- at long last -- purchase a license for the Pro edition of DVD Rebuilder . . . but I could find no indication that this would be anything other than firing $ into a black hole. I tried a couple times via the author's website. No replies. O.K., I can continue getting by with the free edition.
    This https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVD-Rebuilder suggests otherwise, as does this page http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm . . . and I have seen it listed for separate download. So, it evidently existed, at least at one time.

"Donate to get the PRO version with several more features!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here's a link to the pro dvd-rebuilder program, but unless you already have a registered email address for the pro version it won't run and i can't help you get one.

http://www.jdobbs.net/6727-4604-8750-4861-5256-4766/DVD-RB_v1.282Pro.exe
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
    This https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVD-Rebuilder suggests otherwise, as does this page http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm . . . and I have seen it listed for separate download. So, it evidently existed, at least at one time.

"Donate to get the PRO version with several more features!"

Yikes....my mistake...I have the Pro version LOL...I thought you meant BDRebuilder....Bah!!
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here's a link to the pro dvd-rebuilder program, but unless you already have a registered email address for the pro version it won't run and i can't help you get one.

Donation + Registration = not a problem. But it's a non-starter if there is no response from the developer.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Finally I have correctly received my purchased license.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by freddie75 View Post
    Finally I have correctly received my purchased license.
    It was stored in my SPAM folder...
    Thank you very much
    If you add the email address for Badger IT (shown in your PayPal confirmation email) to your trusted contacts right away, then when the registration code is sent (if I remember correctly, mine only took a couple days to arrive), it should not go to the spam folder.
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

Donation + Registration = not a problem. But it's a non-starter if there is no response from the developer.
    Belatedly bumping this, a year later. If I could find out where jdobbs hangs out these days, and might respond to mail, I'm still most willing to purchase a license for this program, even though it's no longer developed.
    Quote Quote