VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i've tried using smartripper to extract the files from the dvd. however, once i start watching the files i ripped, the quality was ok, but there are all these lines that go thru the picture, sort of like a ghost of a frame that already went by. can somebody help me??? all of the settings and stuff are like a foriegn language and i can't figure out what to do!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You probably extracted the files without getting rid of the macrovision. Go to the "settings" in Smartripper and check that "DeMacrovsion" is checked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes it is checked, but still the same thing happens. It seems like it's there because the program ripped it at a low speed or something, but i have a pretty fast dvd drive and comp, so it's really unlikely. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie too. Though I have managed to rip my first dvd using a nifty tool set that I downloaded here:
    http://go.to/vcdgalaxy
    All the programs necessary are included, and the instructions totally de-mystify the dvd ripping process.
    Hope this helps..

Where is the wine the new wine? Dying on the vine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. kay2500, I suggest you try either using a later version of Smart Ripper (2.34) or even try using a diffrent ripper such as CladDVD or DVD Decryptor, or one of my favourotes: Sector Extractor and try ripping the disc again.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try cleaning the DVD. It always work for me! HAHA

Make sure you read the guide very good. Word by word. This is the 'newbie' guide that I still go by: http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdtovcd.htm

Read the Smartripper part carefully.
    Quote Quote