VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried several device, sat receiver, Vcr player, etc... with hdmi, component, composite connection, but all the time I get a “No signal” on the WinTv 10 version. I built myself a HTPC that work just fine, I install the Hauppage Colossus 2 pci express card, I can see Wintv recognize the card as active. Tried the setup with hdmi, component with no success. Any body have idea what I doing wrong?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you are plugging your receivers into the card? they may have some sort of encryption on them like on the hdmi especially if its a commercial receiver like dish, direct, bev or some other paid service. I think its called hdcp
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your reply, I know about that, but the thing is, I even tried with component. I also tried with vcr, with no success!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Collosus has multiple inputs. To pick which one to use a video crossbar is set in the drivers. The configuration of WinTV should allow setting the Input. Its possible the Input defaults to the wrong Input and needs to be set to where your connecting the sat or vcr.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I went to my wizard colossus 2 card, I choose hdmi when I connected my sat receiver, no success, after that since I connected my vcr with component, I went back to the wizard and choose component, again no success. Every time for each test I configure also the channel setting, like sat receiver hdmi, for vcr component.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had that same problem when I had a previous capture card driver installed, as well as the new collosus card installed. I don't understand the interactions, but I had a game capture Ripsaw capture driver installed and got a blank screen with no audio. Even though it was not physically attached to the computer it still interfered. I went into Windows uninstall and removed the driver and capture software for the Ripsaw and magically the collosus started working.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, thank you, I will try that!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you for your advice, I am not sure if it is that I uninstalled the card driver that fix my no signal or that I went in the advance setting and erase the channels, but everything is fine and I am happy ��
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to hear it

I always forget until its the last thing I try.

It makes no sense.

If you haven't got the hardware installed why would its device driver interfere?

Thus I always forget to try removing the old driver.

Usually I have to install a whole new computer and it works, and then work backwards to the .. ahha moment when I remember what I was doing before the new capture card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If gone used HDMI get your self HDMI splitter like a VHD-1X2MN3D
    Quote Quote