VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to DVD Fab HD Decrypter. I rip with it now (seems that's what a lot of people are using) and then burn with ImgBurn. I just watched a back up of Hannah Montana - Pop Star Life (it's true). From the main menu, if I click "Play All," I get a screen that says "DVD Fab - Content Removed." It pops up for a few seconds & then goes away. The DVD appears to play normally after that, but I'm wondering if this is normal. By the way, I've determined from watching my original DVD that the actual content that was removed was the standard Disney DVD intro with Tinker Bell flying around the DVD logo. I hope this isn't normal. Any ideas? Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by heyjjjaded
    ... From the main menu, if I click "Play All," I get a screen that says "DVD Fab - Content Removed." ...I've determined from watching my original DVD that the actual content that was removed was the standard Disney DVD intro with Tinker Bell flying around the DVD logo. I hope this isn't normal. Any ideas? Thank you!
    What version of DVDFab Decrypter are you using? And, which "mode" were you using? Were you in "Full Disc Mode"?

If your version is one of those prior to Feb. 2007, I notice that there was some sort of bug which caused DVDFabdecrypter to remove some extra content on SOME protected DVDs.

I just copied this from the "change log" list for Version 3.0.8.5:

==========Begin copied text here:==========
    "3.0.8.5 (02/27/2007)
    - Fix: Some extra content will be removed in "Full Disc" mode, when copying some copy-protected DVDs, like "Cinderella III" and "Open Season". "
    ==========End copied text here ============

Is it possible that you are just using one of the earlier versions, and happened to hit one of those discs that were causing this problem?

If not, explore your settings in DVDFabdecrypter to see if you have an item ticked somewhere to "jump directly to the movie" or to "skip introductory material such as FBI warnings and studio introductions" or something similar.

-Bruce
    -Custom Home Theater Intros with your family name on DVD:
    http://www.S2Digital.com
    The ultimate add-on for a Home Theater:
    http://www.s2digital.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats normal , they insert their own art in the place where content is removed .

I use vobblanker to clear it off and replace it with my own .

Or pgcedit to re-edit the nav commands to skip that crap .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was the DVD Fab HD Decrypter version that was released July 7, 2007 and full disc mode. I did just notice & load the most recent version today (July 20, 2007). Haven't retried the back-up yet. I'm not sure I've looked at any settings, so I'll look for anything out of the ordinary there too.
    Quote Quote