VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    I can reproduce it now, it won't be easy to fix.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It seems it is a well known problem not only to my shell extension but to many shell extensions so it might not be possible to fix in my code since it might be a windows problem. Personally I never needed this right click start menu (win+x) as working with keyboard instead of mouse is much more efficient. Maybe I find a solution but it don't look good at this point.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    It seems it is a well known problem not only to my shell extension but to many shell extensions so it might not be possible to fix in my code since it might be a windows problem. Personally I never needed this right click start menu (win+x) as working with keyboard instead of mouse is much more efficient. Maybe I find a solution but it don't look good at this point.
    I understand since you are no longer maintaining the code. What was shocking to me was how fragile the Windows architecture was to one shell extension that invoked this bug. Not being able to start Computer Manager or start up a command line shell is pretty extreme.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I understand since you are no longer maintaining the code.
    I still maintain it but there don't seem to be a solution, it's likely a Windows bug, I mean I can try harder but it will sure not be easy.

I think you are overestimating the value of this menu, most experienced users don't use this menu, they use the keyboard.
    1. press the win key
    2. type cm
    3. press enter

I don't use cmd, I use poweshell and I start it from my shell extension or from my launcher.
    Quote Quote