VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    But, he did say he did not care where I bought my cameras from as he does not make much money on those anyway. He makes most of his money selling the different levels of Tricasters is what he said.
    He just wants to take your mind off asking for a discount. Don't believe it. Probably has a monopoly over there in your neck of the woods.

That's what they do in small towns. One guy owns the gas station, grocery store, Ace Hardware, etc. Thank heaven for WalMart wiping out these blood suckers.

Those types pass themselves off as local benefactors by making a donation to this and that, and singing the loudest in church. But their donations don't amount to a hill of beans compared to the overcharging.

I'm surprised he didn't offer to grease you if you let him charge more. Since somebody else is paying for it.

Hahaha
    Last edited by budwzr; 7th Jul 2013 at 01:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Tricaster has component outputs that run into the Tricaster. So any camera that has HDMI makes it more difficult to connect to the Tricaster unless someone has some better ideas and are familiar with a Tricaster.
    So that guy hosed you. And I'll bet you can't get a refund right? "All Sales Final" right? And they'll make up some BS reason like it's an electrical item, right?

You aught to take that no good bastard to small claims court.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know I can do business online for this and be cheaper but if I want service that makes it a little harder.
    What service? You don't need any service. The chance of getting a defective camera is minute, and there's always a manufacturer warranty. That bastard is just gonna send it out for repair by mail too. He's not going to drive all the way to Mount Pilot, right?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, bud, I should let you deal with this guy. Well, the Tricaster 40 is the only price point of this type of device we can afford at the moment. It is the intro to the line and does a nice job but as stated it only has component in. The next step up for this would cost around $20k for all the things we would need, so that will be a future purchase. The things I am purchasing will not be doing any football or any fast moving action. It is going to be in a studio doing broadcasts and any videos we create in the studio. Anything we buy won't leave this room and will remain stationary other than a tripod maybe moving a little bit but very little.
    Yes, you are right. Living in little rural areas does have some disadvantages but that is the way it goes. Many advantages too. I probably will not be purchasing anything else from him as he can't give me any deals like I can get online. So, I am looking hard at this point to find things I need. I have found a guy in town that worked in Kansas City for 7 years doing A/V design and he is going to help me out so I can get the best studio I can and not leave anything out that we will need or need in the future. I am still doing a lot of the looking for products though. Thanks for your concern.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The Panasonic AG-AC90 we disscused earlier does 1080/60P, no Component Out tho.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's with the component out requirement?

Oh yeah, the teleprompter. Can't you hook it up through a media player? How about composite out from the camera? Most all cameras at least have that.

How come you can't use a small flat screen monitor as a teleprompter?
    Last edited by budwzr; 7th Jul 2013 at 22:52.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is not because of the teleprompter but because of the TriCaster 40. If you are not familiar with it, check it out. It is really a nice piece of equipment. As for a teleprompter, try this for yourself. Video yourself reading something to the side, above, or even below the lens and it does not look right. Use a teleprompter that goes directly in front of the lens and you get a professional look when the talents are reading their script.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm talking a Lilliput monitor. You can mount it to the hotshoe.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    And talent with excellent eyesight
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tricasters are very nice. easy to use and good output. i used one for years producing local hockey games with 3 gl-2s.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am anxious to really put in into action. Which one do you use?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it was a few years ago, all it had were 3 composite inputs and recorded in mpeg-2.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by julitomg View Post
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    And talent with excellent eyesight
    Oh, I thought the camera would be close. My faux paux, hahaha.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    it was a few years ago, all it had were 3 composite inputs and recorded in mpeg-2.
    Have you looked at the new intro line? The 40 is really affordable and really nice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not associated with that public tv station anymore. These days I do multicam editing, but not live.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    %%
    Last edited by ingeborgdot; 26th Jul 2013 at 13:06.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=julitomg;2250999]
    And now that we are mentioning tripods, this is a little gem of an accesory, I have it and couldnīt be happier, worth every penny:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/361366-REG/Libec_ZC_3DV.html
    What about a VZRock Varizoom. How does this compare to the one from Libec?
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/330007-REG/VariZoom_VZ_ROCK_VZRock_Variable_Rock..._for_LANC.html
    Quote Quote  
  18. [QUOTE=ingeborgdot;2256447][QUOTE=julitomg;2250999]
    And now that we are mentioning tripods, this is a little gem of an accesory, I have it and couldnīt be happier, worth every penny:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/361366-REG/Libec_ZC_3DV.html
    What about a VZRock Varizoom. How does this compare to the one from Libec?
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/330007-REG/VariZoom_VZ_ROCK_VZRock_Variable_Rock...tml[/QUOTE]

The VariZoom control you mention works with Canon or Sony camcorders, it has more features (Iīm not so sure Iīd like the focus control in the same controller but may be just a matter of getting used to), my Libec ZC30 only controls zoom and rec satart/stop and it works well for me (it even has a little switch to select between Panasonic and Sony/Canon protocols), Panasonic camcorders (at leas in the range we are discusing) have two separate jacks for external controllers, one for zoom, the other for focus and if I decided I prefer the same arrangement as the Varizoon, then Iīd have to get something like this:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/855154-REG/Libec_zfc_5hd_Remote_Zoom_and_Focus.html

By the way, have you made up your mind about the camera yet?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I got 2 Canon XA10's.
    I have not looked much at the XA10 yet but I need to see if the Libec one you showed will work with the Canon. I like the look of it better.
    Quote Quote  
  20. According to the Canonīs specs it has the required LANC connector, there should be no problem using either the already mentioned Libec or this one:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/744574-REG/Acebil_RMC_1DV_RMC_1DV_Video_Lens_Zoom.html
    Itīs practically the same except for the little switch between Panasonic mode and Sony/Canon. Also, if you take a look at the reviews, itīs been used with the Canon XA10 without problems.
    Quote Quote