VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It SHOULD've synced after changing the speed, since we did the same thing to the video part. We didn't cut or add anything, we only did a framerate conversion. Anyway, if you did your own way and you're satisfied, it's fine.

I know many people chant how good CCE is. It's popular. I don't why it is so popular, but hell. There are things in the world what are so popular, yet they're quite bad. CCE produces ugly mosquito noise on the image. You can't prevent it. At least I never could with any variation of settings.

I use Canopus Procoder 1.5. If you use the right settings it's very hard to notice any quality loss compared with the original source. It's my choice and it'll be until I encode DVDs. I can't even imagine a noticably better encoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Procoder is only exceeded by MainConcept 1.5, which is stellar quality.

CCE was mostly popular because it was expensive pro software that was easy to hack long ago. The people who proclaim its quality are often the ones that were not saddled with having to buy it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by zee944
    It SHOULD've synced after changing the speed, since we did the same thing to the video part. We didn't cut or add anything, we only did a framerate conversion. Anyway, if you did your own way and you're satisfied, it's fine.
    Yeah, It didn't work though, I don't know why. We changed the speed of the M2V video which is the bad one, we didn't touched the avi which was the source.

Originally Posted by zee944
    I know many people chant how good CCE is. It's popular. I don't why it is so popular, but hell. There are things in the world what are so popular, yet they're quite bad. CCE produces ugly mosquito noise on the image. You can't prevent it. At least I never could with any variation of settings.
    I haven't noticed any mosquito noise whatsoever... Of course I've only made DVD backups using Rebuilder so I don't know about encoding from X video format to Z video format. (Although the test I did with the same avi I'm working on turned out pretty good...)

Originally Posted by zee944
    I use Canopus Procoder 1.5. If you use the right settings it's very hard to notice any quality loss compared with the original source. It's my choice and it'll be until I encode DVDs. I can't even imagine a noticably better encoder.
    TBH, I don't touch any settings in CCE either. I just use it through TheFilm Machine's interface.... If you guys say that Canopus is so much better maybe I should give it a try...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Procoder is only exceeded by MainConcept 1.5, which is stellar quality.
    ...Ok, so maybe I should try that one as well... Too bad Rebuilder doesn't have the option to configure it to use it though

Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    CCE was mostly popular because it was expensive pro software that was easy to hack long ago. The people who proclaim its quality are often the ones that were not saddled with having to buy it.
    So you guys both agree that I should change CCE for Procoder? Is that right? And which version would it be? I think the newest one is 3.0?Am I right? I read somewhere that 1.5 was the best version?Could somebody confirm this? Or would MainConcept 1.5 (last version?) be the best of the best?

On a different note, did you checked the sample lordsmurf?

NEXT STEP: Encoding the video
    FINAL STEP: Storing the frickin movie because I've watched it so many times already (when editing and synchronizing the audio) that I don't feel like watching it ever again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sideskroll
    So you guys both agree that I should change CCE for Procoder? Is that right? And which version would it be? I think the newest one is 3.0?Am I right? I read somewhere that 1.5 was the best version?Could somebody confirm this? Or would MainConcept 1.5 (last version?) be the best of the best?(
    You don't have to change as long as you're satisfied with CCE. I'm just a perfectionist sticking with Procoder. Taking into account your low-resolution source, I would stick to CCE. Although Procoder is quite easy to use, you'd still have to learn how to use it properly. With 1.5 you can achieve better results than 2.x using more time, but 2.0 is noticably more effective. If you need the best quality, go with 1.5. If you're OK with slightly worse quality, but much higher speed, go with the latest 2.x. I don't know 3.0 yet.

I don't know much about MainConcept. Some sas it's one of the best, other say it's one of the worst. I have only tried once, but I wasn't satisfied with the results.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, after all this work on the sources I would definately like the very best quality I can get out of both, audio and video...
    I was thinking about using avisynth scripts as well... If I upload a couple of video samples could you and smurf kinda coach me on that? I'm pretty noob with avisynth...
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sideskroll
    Yes, after all this work on the sources I would definately like the very best quality I can get out of both, audio and video...
    I was thinking about using avisynth scripts as well... If I upload a couple of video samples could you and smurf kinda coach me on that? I'm pretty noob with avisynth...
    Thanks.
    Upload, then we'll write a simple script for a starter.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi all, sorry for the delay in the response. I was kinda busy with all the holidays stuff... You know how it is...
    Anyways... heres the link with a zip file that contains 4 video samples. I tried to get all of the "moods" of the film so it would be easier to create an "overall quality booster script". I know It might be a good idea to tackle one section at a time... but judging from the overall quality of the video I would say its not really necessary cause the quality is pretty descent and more importantly: consistent throughout the entire lenght... So I'm aiming to get it in its best shape before encoding. (bear in mind that this is going to become a DVD to watch on a regular TV.. So my uneducated guess would be to leave it interlaced... (Less is more when messing around with low quality vids) I dunno what y'all think... Obviously, Im open to any kind of suggestions and/or new procedures, new filters and whatnot...
    Heres the link:
    VIDEO.SAMPLES
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Oh, I forgot, here's the basic script I'm using right now with TheFilm MAchine and CCE:

Code:
    # 4:3 encoding
    AviSource("D:\FOLDER\MOVIE\VIDEOFILE.avi", false)
    ConvertToYUY2()
    FadeIn(50)
    Crop(0,4,352,272)
    Lanczos4Resize(720,576,0.0,0.6)
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Uhm... Bump? :S
    Quote Quote  
  11. zee944? Lordsmurf? Could you help me out here? Im stuck with this project All I want is to finish fixing the "new" audio track and maybe one or 2 avisynth scripts and its done.
    Please...
    thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  12. Has the thread died?
    Just in case you were wondering... I'm still waiting for your help guys...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I totally forgot about this, been busy. I've still got the PM, maybe I can look it this weekend. Because of what I do, and time available, this will probably be the last time I can help (for free) on this.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I understand... If you could only take a look at the last audio track (the original english track) that would mean everything for me...
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I listened to it. That sample is too short to get an accurate noise sample. I'd have to have the entire audio track, pick a few spots, and then generate a noise cancellation based on that.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Maybe I could upload a couple of samples? To give you a better idea? Just like you did with the sapnish sample? That would be great.
    Thanks for all your help lordsmurf.
    Quote Quote  
  17. ---BUMP---
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Upload the audio track to a file share of some kind so I can download it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi again lordsmurf. Sorry for the delay, i've been kinda busy these couple of days, anyway, I am attaching a fragment of the original english track, I've tried to get as much different sounds as I could. (meaning that it isn't justa chat or, special effects or anything but a blend of all of the above so you could get a better Idea about the problems if any)
    Here's the link.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/244385035/ENG-TRACK.rar
    Thanks in advance for all your help, I really appreciate it.
    Quote Quote