VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Greetings. Does anyone know of a way to automatically detect when music (not speech or other sounds) is playing from a particular audio source, and either dub over it with different audio or simply mute it? Basically, I'm looking for a real-time music detection tool. Example: I'm streaming a NASA launch, but the NASA feed contains segments of music which will get flagged with copyright claims. My desire is to retain the normal feed audio, except when music plays in which case I want to mute the feed audio and replace it with my own copyright-free soundtrack.

I'm currently using Open Broadcaster Software, with RadioDJ and MB Recaster for audio.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you are doing this live you need a mixer hardware of some sort, to manually cut it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Bandwidth/spectral-sensitive noise gate might work. Tune to speech threshold. Won't remove music if it's UNDER existing speech, though. Also, could cut out quiet speech by accident.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Bandwidth/spectral-sensitive noise gate might work. Tune to speech threshold. Won't remove music if it's UNDER existing speech, though. Also, could cut out quiet speech by accident.

Scott
    Interesting, I'll bear that in mind. Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Quote