VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. MakeMKV was throwing an "Illegal Request - Invalid Field in CDB" error, and after that happens it - and the rest of my computer - thinks the tray is empty. Simple persistence wore down one disc, a second I was able to use AnyDVD and just copy the VIDEO_TS folder onto my computer then use MakeMKV on that, but now a third just...keeps disappearing, even during the Windows copy process.

I'm at a loss here.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    MakeMKV was throwing an "Illegal Request - Invalid Field in CDB" error, and after that happens it - and the rest of my computer - thinks the tray is empty. Simple persistence wore down one disc, a second I was able to use AnyDVD and just copy the VIDEO_TS folder onto my computer then use MakeMKV on that, but now a third just...keeps disappearing, even during the Windows copy process.

I'm at a loss here.
    try with dvdfab ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    MakeMKV was throwing an "Illegal Request - Invalid Field in CDB" error, and after that happens it - and the rest of my computer - thinks the tray is empty. Simple persistence wore down one disc, a second I was able to use AnyDVD and just copy the VIDEO_TS folder onto my computer then use MakeMKV on that, but now a third just...keeps disappearing, even during the Windows copy process.

I'm at a loss here.
    Best guess: aging player
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. try a new disc drive
    Quote Quote  
  5. Zero issues with discs outside this one box set makes me think something about the discs is a more likely culprit TBH, although I do have a second - albeit inferior - drive I can try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well the other drive did work, but I tried a disc from a different set on it and it just spins eternally and won't ever load at all.
    Quote Quote