VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This is for the 3/7 - 3/13 ad.

Does anyone know who manufactures these for Maxell?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/sundayad/page.jhtml?rotoPageId=122703
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The +R are RICOHJPRN01 and the -R are MXL RG02.

The -R was superb (one of the finest), and the +R are very good as well. I would certainly pick up a few of the -R's.

Futureshop in Canada has a sale too, same maxell discs but 5 packs for $7.99 Canadian. Works out cheaper

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the tip

I was looking for some maxell dvd-r's, they are supposed to be as good as you can get.

Maxell makes their own dvd-r's. According to this site, they have used ritek g03's, but that was not for x4 media.

I have seen warnings about getting fake maxell's from on line places, but I would thing buying from a big store like Walgreens is safe.

BTW, futureshop does not ship to the US, according to their website, so the futureshop offer only helps you guys north of the border.

Randy
    Quote Quote  
  4. I went to the closest Walgreens at lunch today, and they had NO Maxell 10 packs, either of +R or -R. (Sale is 10 pack for $15)

Got a rain check for 3-10 packs.

But, they did have 3 packs, and those were made in Taiwan.
    I hope the 10 packs are made in Japan.
    Off topic, but have any of you guys seen Maxell DVD-R's made in Taiwan?

Randy
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went to my local Walgreens. The 10 packs were all made in Taiwan. EXCEPT!- there was one box that was 2.4X speed DVD-R and not 4X... This one said made in Japan. Going to buy it right now! Will post disc info later!
    Quote Quote