VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Guest34343
    OK, I looked over the code and decided it is not worth doing anything about, as there is a simple workaround. I added the description of the workaround to the VFAPI help file:

"An MPEG file may have a display size that is not an integral number of
    macroblocks (i.e., multiples of 16 for width and height). When you open such
    a file through MPEG2Source() using an AVS script, a Crop() filter is automatically
    applied to reduce the frame size from the internal coded size (which is an
    integral number of macroblocks in both directions) to the display size.
    This is NOT done when serving a D2V with VFAPI. You can instead make an AVS
    script that uses MPEG2Source() and open that AVS script in the VFAPI Converter instead of the D2V file."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, everyone. Sorry about my english, it is not very good, but I don't know another place to ask my question. I have downloaded an HDTV-movie, but it plays with freaking grey line in the bottom.
    Anyway, VLC Player plays this movie just fine, without any grey line. But I want to watch it with Media Player Classic!

It's Fight_Club.1080i.HRT.ts

SAMPLE, 7.25Mb.

Could anyone tell me, how to remove this grey line without re-encoding original video?
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  3. MPCHC plays it with no gray border at the bottom.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jagabo
    Hmmm... I have MPCHC v1.1.0.0 and gray line is stilll here. =(
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm using MPCHC 1.1.604.0. But I run my desktop at 1920x1080 so maybe the graphics card is cutting off the extra 8 lines?

I also played the file with mplayer2.exe (WMP 6.4), WMP 11, KMPlayer, and VLC. None of them showed a gray bar at the bottom of the frame, either full screen or windowed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded MPCHC 1.1.604.0, but this grey line is still in the picture!!!

Anyway, I was looking for some advice about how I can re-mux video (without any re-encoding) that I could play it with any player I like.
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could anyone help me please?!
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  8. jagabo was suggesting that it might be something on your system causing it, not the video itself since he didn't have the problem with any player - so re-muxing the video probably won't help

e.g. check your graphics card drivers & settings, if you have any external filters for decoding, try disabling them. Try changing renderers on MPC. You may want to check graphstudio to see what splitter/filters are being used
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    jagabo was suggesting that it might be something on your system causing it, not the video itself since he didn't have the problem with any player - so re-muxing the video probably won't help

e.g. check your graphics card drivers & settings, if you have any external filters for decoding, try disabling them. Try changing renderers on MPC. You may want to check graphstudio to see what splitter/filters are being used
    Well, according to diskussions on russian forum, some people have that problem and some do not.

Anyway, here is my preferences:

I am using ffdshow video decoder and video mixing renderer 9 (renderless)

Which of my settings are wrong?

Originally Posted by jagabo
    You might try DVDPatcher.
    Thanks! This is very similar to something, that I was looking for, but it dose not cropping picture, it just doing change height from 1088 to 1080. Grey line is still visible. Is any software that I can CUT OFF this 8 pixels of grey line?
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Ripper[47
    ]Is any software that I can CUT OFF this 8 pixels of grey line?
    Sure, but you will have to reencode the whole movie. Use any editor/encoder that allows you to crop the frame. I just ran a test with DgIndex, AviSynth, and HcEnc -- no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jagabo
    oh no! To save original picture quality - is my "prime directive".

I can't believe, there is no software to insert cropping options in video or in container (avi, mkv, mpg, ts, m2ts, etc.)...
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  12. I tried your 1920x1088 sample again today and this time I did get the gray line at the bottom of the frame (with MPCHC). I used DVDPatcher to change the resolution to 1920x1080 and the modified copy plays without the gray line.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Ripper[47
    ]I can't believe, there is no software to insert cropping options in video or in container (avi, mkv, mpg, ts, m2ts, etc.)...
    I didn't test your sample specifically, but in general there a few ways to do this for playback, and 1 for "container" formatting

1) You can do it for playback in KMPlayer (pan&scan=>screen offset=>select pixels)

2) You can playback an .avs script in a directshow player e.g. MPC

Code:
    DirectShowSource("myfile.ts")
    Crop(0,0,0,-8)

3) Do it through ffdshow postprocessing on playback (e.g. checkmark crop function)

4) You can do it with .mkv container ("--cropping <TID:left,top,right,bottom>" in the command line using mkvmerge), but not all players will acknowldege it
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    O, thank you, jagabo, I tried DVDPatcher one more time and now it works!!! =)

By the way, I have some 1080p movie trailers and they are playing with grey line in the bottom. But they have H.264 codec and 1:2.35 aspect ratio.

For example, new trailer to "Watchmen (2009)":
    http://wbads-02.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wbmovies/watchmen/video/WatchmenScreamALT_1080.mov

Any ideas, how to remove this line?
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  15. For h.264 I use CoreAVC Pro which has an option to crop 1088 to 1080.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I know it, but many people take files from my computer, so I can't tell them all to install coreAVC and activate this option.

I am looking not for way to play file normally, but way to FIX file, that it could play normally with any player.
    HDTV
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm not aware of any equivalent to DVD Patcher for h.264 encoded files.
    Quote Quote