VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    HI - I used to have a free MKV2MP4 converter that literally ripped to MP4 in few seconds
    Quite a fancy front end but it was freebie
    Just trying to do the same and googled a few none of which look the same and despite saying "Really Fast" they are taking literally hours
    VLC is converting in more or less real time of 2 hours
    The one i used to use did NOT re-encode (cant have done) it just ripped the mp4 out of the mkv

Anyone know a super super fast free mkv to mp4 ripper (non re-encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MkvToMp4 find it in the software section
    Quote Quote  
  3. I smell SPAM coming when he tells us where to get that great program he used to use.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by drjtech View Post
    I smell SPAM coming when he tells us where to get that great program he used to use.
    I do smell some serious bu||shit on this one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Goshite View Post
    VLC is converting in more or less real time of 2 hours
    Then you're doing it wrong. Set the audio and video codecs to "keep original audio/video track" and it will preform a simple remux in seconds. Obviously, this only works with codecs that are supported by the MP4 container. And you may want to convert AC3 audio to AAC since not all devices support AC3 in MP4 (eg, older Apple hardware).
    Quote Quote  
  6. XMedia Recode
    Which, despite the name, will render an mp4 if you set the 'Format' as such, and the 'Video' and 'Audio' tabs to copy.
    Depends on the speed of your system, but you're probably looking at about 3 minutes.
    Quote Quote