VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. can anyone help me extract mp4 video from a password protected video with "gem" extension? this file is played by gem player. I have the key.

2. All information is needed.

3. thank you for your reply. there is a password protected video which is only played by Thundersoft gemplayer. the extension of files is".gem". the machine Id and it's password are available. I wanna know how to extract mp4 from gem file. gem is the type of extension which is applied by Thundersoft for encrypted video.

4. All information is needed.

5. Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    All information is needed.
    thank you for your reply. I don`t understand. please tell me clearly which information you mean?

6. upload to some server one .gem file to test it

7. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    upload to some server one .gem file to test it
    thank you for your reply. all files are in big size so I made a gem file with Thundersoft DRM protection for a sample with only 2 Mb which could be found from below link:
    https://www.4shared.com/s/fIym1dG0eea

the machine Id is: 0003-034D-057E-00E8
    the password is: dVvirdesybKZyzjUHLwhPFaWQVZ26KjQU9/KsW5REF1PfmTShTfqtr1lIBvKDiVIeVyoOmJ7cYqVhirAhaUFf aAHgMtEpIbxfUiP7ccbbrZba+soBDpIyeJCxCidu/XdQlGzZ5jYRnBDGhy7Z6D1gyNWWiV9l+IAwlojPpcT3IAWjPqs vypRF6gILkMhBp4lYmpmaWlz

if the mp4 could be extracted from this file it means all other videos would work in the same way.
    Last edited by shakila21; 1st Jul 2022 at 13:10.

8. we need to play the video so that we can investigate it our self.
    discord=notaghost9997

9. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    we need to play the video so that we can investigate it our self.
    thank you for your reply. I uploaded a sample video on my previous post. the target file is more than 1G and it was difficult to upload. to make it easier I convert a mp4 clip to gem file using Thundersoft DRM protection.

Search Comp PM
    Your sample video does not play since the password is 'locked' to the machine ID (I see no way to change the ID in the free version of the player)

But you need not have bothered to create one since there is a sample, with a working password (indepenent of the ID), on the home page

https://www.thundershare.net/drm-protection/

Using that sample there may be some conversion options but I would not hold your breath. Simplest (potential) solution is screen-recording software. Allbeit in a real-time scenario. I have not tested that tho.

One other thing. Do not use these obscure file-sharing sites to upload samples which you could share direct here as an attachment.

11. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Your sample video does not play since the password is 'locked' to the machine ID (I see no way to change the ID in the free version of the player)

But you need not have bothered to create one since there is a sample, with a working password (indepenent of the ID), on the home page

https://www.thundershare.net/drm-protection/

Using that sample there may be some conversion options but I would not hold your breath. Simplest (potential) solution is screen-recording software. Allbeit in a real-time scenario. I have not tested that tho.

One other thing. Do not use these obscure file-sharing sites to upload samples which you could share direct here as an attachment.
    thank you for your reply. unfortunately there is no way in Thundersoft DRM protection to extract Mp4 file and I can`t use this software to play my video either. I was hoping someone here could decrypt this kind of video since I know some people wrote a decoder to restore video in Mp4 format. I could not find any converter to change the type of movie too.
    recording from screen will face some problem since Thundersoft block any recorder and the recorded video would be all black. also the quality would be low too.

thanks for little tip for uploading but since the extension of file is "gem" the system did not let me to upload it directly to the post.

again thanks for your time and effort.

Search Comp PM
    One can always get around the issue if this site does not allow for direct upload via an attachment. You just wrap the .GEM file as a .zip, rar etc.

And are you now saying that you could also not play your sample ? Pretty pointless in wasting everyone's time in sending it if that is the case.

13. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    One can always get around the issue if this site does not allow for direct upload via an attachment. You just wrap the .GEM file as a .zip, rar etc.

And are you now saying that you could also not play your sample ? Pretty pointless in wasting everyone's time in sending it if that is the case.
    thank you for your reply and thanks for the tip about uploading.
    I can play sample file since I convert it to gem file using Thundersoft DRM Protection but my aim is to play the video in gem extension which is more than 1G and it is encrypted by Thundersoft drm protection and my machine ID is not matched with the machine ID of the video. I don`t wanna just play the video, I wanna extract the MP4 to be able to convert it to any video type and specification(such as resolutation, sound ,...)

Search Comp PM
    The hard truth is that you can not have everything you desire (especially with digital video)

Now you were asked to provide full information about these files. And by that a link to the source.

But these files are not typical DRM protected at server level since they have to be downloaded - not played via streaming - and use a proprietory player just to view them. And from what I read, they only play from the drive they were created on - move the file and even the original creator can not play it.

Now there has to be a pretty good reason why the creator went down this heavilly protected route. And the link to the source might well answer this question.

And, yes, normal screen capture does not work. You can do a 'Google' as to why the screen is black and various suggestions how to get the image viewable. These invariably involve changing DirectX settings and I am not about to even attempt this.

15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The hard truth is that you can not have everything you desire (especially with digital video)

Now you were asked to provide full information about these files. And by that a link to the source.

But these files are not typical DRM protected at server level since they have to be downloaded - not played via streaming - and use a proprietory player just to view them. And from what I read, they only play from the drive they were created on - move the file and even the original creator can not play it.

Now there has to be a pretty good reason why the creator went down this heavilly protected route. And the link to the source might well answer this question.

And, yes, normal screen capture does not work. You can do a 'Google' as to why the screen is black and various suggestions how to get the image viewable. These invariably involve changing DirectX settings and I am not about to even attempt this.
    thanks for your answer and attention.

16. Originally Posted by shakila21 View Post
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    thank you for your reply. all files are in big size so I made a gem file with Thundersoft DRM protection for a sample with only 2 Mb which could be found from below link:

the password is: dVvirdesybKZyzjUHLwhPFaWQVZ26KjQU9/KsW5REF1PfmTShTfqtr1lIBvKDiVIeVyoOmJ7cYqVhirAhaUFf aAHgMtEpIbxfUiP7ccbbrZba+soBDpIyeJCxCidu/XdQlGzZ5jYRnBDGhy7Z6D1gyNWWiV9l+IAwlojPpcT3IAWjPqs vypRF6gILkMhBp4lYmpmaWlz

if the mp4 could be extracted from this file it means all other videos would work in the same way.
    your file has been decrypted
    https://www.4shared.com/s/fvChfGtL4ea

17. Originally Posted by tombrox View Post
    Originally Posted by shakila21 View Post

Thank you for your reply. could you please share here how you did it so that we all can decrypt this type of files?

18. To decode this file, you need software reverse engineering knowledge to analyze the video player and write a video decoding tool.
    Last edited by tombrox; 14th Jun 2023 at 17:42.
    Decrypt ThunderSoft :
    https://youtu.be/PBXnRK_aso8

19. Jessica Fuentes
    Search Comp PM
    How long does it took for you to decrypt the gem file to mp4? like how many minutes it took?

20. With a decryption tool, the decryption time is about the same as copying that file

21. Originally Posted by tombrox View Post
    Originally Posted by shakila21 View Post

Can you please share the method to decrypt the file.

22. Hi there,

I also faced this problem which I need to convert my GEM file to MP4.

@tombrox, Can you please teach me how to decrypt the GEM file? what are the decryption tools?

Please advice.

Thank you!

23. Originally Posted by beatrix View Post
    Hi there,

I also faced this problem which I need to convert my GEM file to MP4.

@tombrox, Can you please teach me how to decrypt the GEM file? what are the decryption tools?

Please advice.

Thank you!
    I have posted about this before. Unfortunately, there is no simple and direct way to decrypt and convert to an mp4 file that I can teach you.
    To decrypt, you need to write your own decryption tool, for which you need knowledge of reverse engineering, assembly language, and the ability to use tools such as IDA, x64dbg, and ... to analyze the video player.
    Unfortunately, my tool is private and cannot be published.
    If necessary, I can decrypt your files. Of course, it is not free.
    Last edited by tombrox; 14th Jun 2023 at 17:40.
    Decrypt ThunderSoft :
    https://youtu.be/PBXnRK_aso8

24. Hi Tombrox,

May I know how u charged on this?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

25. Originally Posted by tombrox View Post
    Originally Posted by beatrix View Post
    Hi there,

I also faced this problem when I needed to convert my GEM file to MP4.

Please advice.

Thank you!
    I have posted about this before. Unfortunately, there is no simple and direct way to decrypt and convert to an mp4 file that I can teach you.
    To decrypt, you need to write your own decryption tool, for which you need knowledge of reverse engineering, assembly language, and the ability to use tools such as IDA, x64dbg, and ... to analyze the video player.
    Unfortunately, my tool is private and cannot be published.
    If necessary, I can decrypt your files. Of course, it is not free.
    Please, I need your help; I have the same issue. I played my protected videos by TliunderSoft GemPlayer 4.0.0. , I have code to play just in my PC, Let me contact you, please
    Last edited by krm; 5th Nov 2022 at 18:27.

26. i success to crack and can stop machine code that gem file will work via any license

but cannot extract video

27. sgred18tips
    Thanks for the information...I successfully extracted the file however upon doing this I am not able to convert the video successfully.

28. Originally Posted by sgred18tips View Post
    Thanks for the information...I successfully extracted the file however upon doing this I am not able to convert the video successfully.
    I don't understand what you mean by extracting the file, but all the bytes of the video file are encrypted and need to be decoded with the algorithm that the player used.

29. Originally Posted by sgred18tips View Post
    Hi, can you tell me how you extracted the file. I think after that we have to use aes decryption with 20 lenght key to get the exact video file.