VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got this audio file from Tune in Radio pro. It plays with Media Player Classic Home Cinema on a pc, but won't play with vlc 2.2.4. I tried "fixing" the file with Foobar but that software said the file was corrupt and couldn't do anything. Can someone take a look and see what is wrong with the file?
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/1.mp3
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's an aac file, not an mp3 file. Rename it 1.aac and it will play in VLC. Though it may still have some errors in it. If need mp3, load the audio into Audacity (after renaming aac) and export as mp3.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th May 2018 at 17:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I did rename to aac and it now plays in vlc on my pc, but it still won't play with vlc or the stock player on my android device. I tried converting to other mp3 file but that wouldn't play on pc or android device either. Something still not right with that audio file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Load the aac into Audacity and export as MP3. I cut off the promo at the end.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. What version of Audacity are you using? I used v1.2.6 and exported to mp3 and the result would not play in Android device. However, the repaired audio that you did (converted.mp3) does play in Android device.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I used version 2.1.3 with the ffmpeg plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, I installed Audacity 2.1.3 on Windows 7 computer along with ffmpeg and lame plugins for Audacity and was able to convert the aac problem file to mp3 that played fine on Android device. Thank you for the info.
    A little strange that it took 5 minutes to import the 16 minute audio aac file into Audacity and another 5 minutes to export to mp3.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 12th May 2018 at 21:53.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You're welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I found you can also use just ffmpeg to fix the file. I used ffmpeg ver3.3.2 on Windows 7 computer.
    Simple code that gives default 128kb/s mp3:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i damagedfile.aac fixedfile1.mp3
    Other code that specifies bit rate (here 64kb/s):
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i damagedfile.aac -acodec libmp3lame -ab 64k fixedfile2.mp3
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	45624  

Last edited by jimdagys; 13th May 2018 at 21:18.
    Quote Quote