VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. my radeon 8500 has tv out and looks excellent right on the tv...doesn't require any software either due to the little chip they have built into the card...
    Quote Quote  
  2. vhelp: I know exactly what you're saying. I got no time for such things anymore either...

efru: well, you need the drivers, and a media player... There's no way around that. You also need the right codecs to play the files. Dunno what you mean exactly by lil chip on the card. Most cards have a lotta those... lol

My rage fury pro uses their rage theater chip, my geforce4 ti4200 vivo uses a philips 7108, ... but I dunno what chip they've got a on radeon 8500, but it comes down to the same requirements anyhow. Some cards are better than others...

Edit: I have finally got around to do a lil test with that MSI GeForce 4 ti4200. If you connect it straight to your TV, it will work just as it's supposed to. However, connected to my s-video switch (connected properly, siwtched to computer and all...) it will not see the TV at all. Weird. Since I am not willing to go composite, I will use another video card for playback on TV (my ATI's never had a problem with the switch...)
    Quote Quote