VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Sony hd camcorder.

All loaded into a timeline and edited in Premiere CS7. Exported the file to DVD settings (uk).

Tried to burn the video but failed. Tried Nero, which also failed, img burn again failed. Windows movie maker, failed.

Needless to say I've tried also win mx converters etc they are all failing when it comes to the burn process

Can anyone offer any advise in relation to this?
    Last edited by narl; 15th Sep 2013 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It might be a hardware issue. Can you still read discs from this drive?

Try unpluging and replugging the drive - maybe a cable came loose????

It could be dying too. How old is it? - Has it had a hard life with lots of reading and burning activities?

Dvd drives are dirt cheap these days. If push comes to shove it won't be expensive to replace it.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try using a dvdrw such as verbatim before you waste more discs,if you can burn it successfully that way then it's most likely crappy media you are using,what dvd brand are you trying to burn?

We need more info such as did this just happen after using different dvd brand discs or just slowly giving you errors which could be a faulty dvd burner as yoda313 suggested.

Also what error message are you getting from the burning programs.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The media im using would be classed as budget media.

Have tried burning in laptop, shuttle PC and desktop PC.

Nothing has changed i yesterday burnt a iso file with it so dont think the media is causing the issue. The probability of having 3 faulty burners is quite slim.

Can still read discs without any issues.

Off hand it was giving error code 3.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a media issue if its a problem with 3 different burners on 3 different systems,I've had cheap dvds which burned ok but then i would get something like 10 bad burns in a row and try different burners and burning programs and it always pointed out that it was crappy media.

Get better quality media and you won't have these issues anymore,read more threads on what the better quality media to buy such as verbatim and ty.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our dvd writers section. This is indeed a dvd writer or media problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Really don't know what the issue is, so far at least 8 discs have been used and every time they fail, even tried image burn (made an iso) and still the same issue. Defiantly frustrating
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Has it ever worked to burn a dvd?
    Did you try another media brand?
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Also, at what speed are you trying to record those discs?
    Even with hi-quality media, it's NOT advised to go above 4X or 6X
    (depending on the optical drive your machine have).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Have not tried another media brand as of yet, we are burning at 4x speed. I have used these discs before to burn Linux and other things, backed up my hard drive using these dvd's as well.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Forgot to mention the files im working with are .mts or avchd anyone think that would have ay bearing on this issue? Can load them up in premiere and edit them and export a file, just when it comes to burning a disc everything goes to pieces.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I guess that your file is over 2 GB hence you must use UDF mode to burn it on a DVD disc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    I guess that your file is over 2 GB hence you must use UDF mode to burn it on a DVD disc.

Would I have to use nero to enable that mode?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Img burn has it, and I think Nero as well.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Just tried 2 discs in imgburn after enabling udf mode and the same error twice in a row, reaches 79% then the write rate drops to zero and throws this up after 20 retries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	20063
    Quote Quote  
  16. Looks like it's the disc brand issue. Umedisc is cheap and not so good Verbatim, made in China. I'd rather choose AZO line.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Have some new ones on the way, with a bit of luck that sorts the issue.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a crappy media issue as i already stated,hope you bought decent discs as i suggested or you will be repeating your issues.
    Quote Quote  
  19. New media arrived today and seems to be burning fine , can someone tell me what I need to enable in img burn to make the files autoplay on dvd players? Been years since I dabbled in this kind of thing.
    Quote Quote  
  20. First, there is no such thing as Premiere CS7, so what are you actually using? CC? Second, Premiere can output DVD compliant files, but they still need to be authored into the proper structure to be played on standalone players. Adobe's tool for this was called Encore and is EOL after CS6.

If you don't have Encore in your suite, try authoring with AVStoDVD.
    Quote Quote