VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    With an LG 24MT58DF-PZ TV-Monitor (http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-24MT58DF-PZ), I can have sound through HDMI only using HDMI2 input, but not HDMI1 input. When I connect an HDMI cable to HDMI1 input and try to change the volume, a "connect audio cable" message appears on the monitor. Otherwise the HDMI1 input seems to be working fine. Is anyone aware of this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The TV is probably set to take audio from a separate SPDIF input when using HDMI1. Go through the setup menus and change it to take audio from the HDMI input instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I can't find anything related in the setup menus other than choosing input and labeling it.
    Last edited by kyrcy; 25th Dec 2017 at 01:56.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kyrcy View Post
    I can't find anything related in the setup menus other than choosing input and labeling it.
    How have you labeled the HDMI1 input? Also, I think there is a PC Mode button on the remote. Does pressing the PC Mode button change anything?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    On the remote, I select Inputs, then choose HDMI1, then Input Label and PC from available choices. There is only a TV/PC button that switches from full screen TV to full screen PC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On the remote, I select Inputs, then choose HDMI1, then Input Label and PC from available choices. There is only a TV/PC button that switches from full screen TV to full screen PC.
    Try labeling the port using something other than "PC" from available choices and use the "PC Mode" button for full screen PC. Maybe when the HDMI1 port is labeled "PC" the TV/Monitor is expecting a DVI video connection with audio provided via the PC line-in port.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Try labeling the port using something other than "PC" from available choices and use the "PC Mode" button for full screen PC. Maybe when the HDMI1 port is labeled "PC" the TV/Monitor is expecting a DVI video connection with audio provided via the PC line-in port.
    I am currently using HDMI2 and sound works fine, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with HDMI1. I am not sure if I will continue using HDMI for this purpose, as sound works either for TV (in picture in picture) or PC (in full screen), but not simultaneously.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am currently using HDMI2 and sound works fine, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with HDMI1. I am not sure if I will continue using HDMI for this purpose, as sound works either for TV (in picture in picture) or PC (in full screen), but not simultaneously.
    I don't know if anything could be wrong with HDMI1. I think my LG TV and for certain my mother's Samsung have a designated HDMI port to use for PC connectivity, but that was documented in the manual. HDMI works fine for video and audio using either TV with a PC. I haven't tried any of the other HDMI ports to see what happens.

I don't believe audio from two sources could be provided simultaneously without a mixer, like Windows (or the sound card drivers) provides. The TV probably doesn't include a mixer function.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I was advised that the HDMI port sometimes get stuck in DVI mode. Problem seems solved after resetting the monitor to factory settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe needs a firmware update...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    LG support said that there is no new firmware available.
    Quote Quote