VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After failing at my first attempt to encode a Blu-ray disk to H.264, I thought I'd seek some help.

I followed this guide: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic333634.html

My encoded movie never plays higher than ~19 fps. This is, of course, making playback really annoying to watch.

I've tried using both media player classic and VLC, I have the latest ffdshow, my cpu is sitting at like 10% while playing, so that's not the problem.

Here is my AVS file:

# Set DAR in encoder to 12303 : 5000. The following line is for automatic signalling
    global MeGUI_darx = 12303
    global MeGUI_dary = 5000
    DirectShowSource("D:\shooter\SHOOTER\BDMV\STREAM\0 0003.m2ts",fps=23.9760431376968,audio=false)
    TDecimate(cycleR=1)
    crop( 0, 140, 0, -140)

Lanczos4Resize(1280,528) # Lanczos4 (Sharp)
    Undot() # Minimal Noise

ConvertToYV12()

Anyone know what might be causing this?[/img]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd try it without Tdecimate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    That was it!

Important note to anyone who is reading this* - It can be helpfull to see what the final outcome will look like by simply playing the .avs file in a media player. If I would have done this, I would have noticed right away that there was a framerate problem, and I wouldn't of had to wait 16 hours for the thing to encode.

The reason I had Tdecimate in there was, i let the "analyze" function in the AVS script creater figure out what I needed. Result was M-in-5 decimation required. ... So apparently the analyze function isn't perfect.

Is there another method/program I can use to figure out what I really need? I've used DGindex in the past, but it looks like that doesn't like .m2ts files..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by h41cyon
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Is there another method/program I can use to figure out what I really need? I've used DGindex in the past, but it looks like that doesn't like .m2ts files..

The latest version handles m2ts files just fine. - http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec.html
    Quote Quote