VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'd like some advice from people with tv-in tv-out. I'd like to run my DirecTV into my computer then out to my tv. I'd like to be able to have PVR capabilities, and I'd also like to be able to popup message windows in front of the tv image. I have tv-out currently. I'm using Windows Media Player 10 and am having problems with it maintaining a borderless, full screen image when other windows receive the focus. I would be greatly appreciative if someone could advise me on the software problem and also what type of tv-in hardware would be best for what I'm trying to do.
    Thanks
    Hunter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe most of the newer chipsets (nvidia and ATI) support vivo. Or you could follow the typical route of TV tuner card or ATI-AIW. The main limiting factor of your card choice would be your receiver type. If you have HD, for example, there aren't many(any?) that support it.

Also, just my 2 cents, but it would be much less hassle to just upgrade to a DVR. Then you have a single box solution all using the same remote.
    Quote Quote