VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed in this thread a member got warned for downloading a tv show, since he named it.

But in this thread, the person doesn't name the show and gets help from Baldrick himself.

My question is this: Is it okay to discuss downloading tv shows as long as you don't give the name?

2. Very good point.

However, it would be more pertinant if one MOD was involved in both posts.

Different MODS are entitled to enforcing rules differently (IE: one cop may write you a ticket, while another warns you), but it needs to be discussed none-the-less, especially if it is a stated rule.

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, seeing as someone else chimed in first i guess i'll throw in my 2 cent's

First off @ churchie04 i don't think that really applies here and geared more to what Supreme2k asked,
    If you don't say or you don't know what the name of it is, it's hard to say "warez" because there are numeros show's/videos/movies/ISO's that are totaly legal, although i have seen many instances of mods locking threads when there is no mention of names or warez, just an assumption.

Now the second someone say's "i downloaded an episode/show/movie/video/ISO there is someone right away screaming warez they just assume because it was DLed, borrowed, copied it is illegal

Now when oldie or newbie say's "i just DLed the Matrix & can't get it to burn" it's pretty obvious!!
    It still amazes me that people waste their time and bandwidth DLing vid's that are like 99% crap

4. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam

Look to the threads for examples of what is and what is not generally accepted. A safe bet is never to discuss using something you don't legally have a right to.

Warez includes downloaded copyrighted movies, movies that are not yet released on VHS/DVD and copying rented movies.
    includes = not limited to.

So each mod has to decide on a case by case basis the likelihood the poster owns, or has legal rights to use, the item he or she is posting about. The mod then determines the appropriate action based on Baldrick's wishes.