VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I'm trying to join 7 flv files into one

I tried Moyea FLV Editor Pro but keep on getting the error
    Unsupported FLV file (Version:1 Video Codec: H.264 Audio Codec AAC)
    Is there any software which can solve the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try andys flv joiner. It should support flv with h264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try andys flv joiner. It should support flv with h264.
    Hope it's okay to resurrect an old thread but a search to the forum only turned up 4 posts re joining FLVs with no posts talking about consistent/definitive results.

I stumbled upon Andy's FLV Joiner myself today by googling and I tried it out but as always with FLV files, endless audio and/or audio-synch problems. In this case, the output AVI file today has inconsistent sound with only the first segment having sound at all and no audio on the rest which means only first 7 minutes have any audio <sigh>.

AviDemux is out. It doesn't work well with FLVs at all, crashing most of the time. When it does work, the file has audio that is full of whistles or has audio synch problems or has no audio at all!

WinX HD Video Converter is having the best results so far of any converter I've ever tried when dealing with all sorts of file formats and output file types, input FLV file format included, though I have to comment that I must run all resulting converted AVI files through VirtualDub to fix the 0 index error WinX outputs each time. But, at least so far after 3 days use and many video conversion tests, I'm getting video with CBR audio which is only way I ever get vids with no synch issues when playing in standalone players. So this is SO FAR only. I just can't figure out if it can join FLVs.

So besides Andy's FLV Joiner, does anyone know of anything that gives good ouput results when joining FLVs? Ideally, something that doesn't re-encode either. FLVs are such poor quality files, in general, but often that's the only way to get certain videos so we have to put up with it so if at least doesn't re-encode, that would be a bonus.

Any recommendations? As always, freeware and NON .NET framework preferred. Tall order, but 99% of all the hundreds of pieces of software I have so far (and I have lots) are freeware with no .NET needed, with only an extremely small fraction being commercial or shareware.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why join? Use a player that with a playlist.

If you are going to reconvert to another format you can try freemake video converter and use the join feature.

Cause you wont find anything perfect for lossless flv joining...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Why join? Use a player that with a playlist.
    No on standalone players, i.e., my DVD player which supports DivX (and, therefore, XviD) and now in last few years playing through external device on media player or on my dad's flatscreen TV with USB device.

Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    If you are going to reconvert to another format you can try freemake video converter and use the join feature.
    I'll give this a try again. Before finding WinX as a possible, synch-free app since most give me synch errors, I did try Freemake. It didn't do the job without synch errors then but I'll see if it does work with joining FLVs.

Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Cause you wont find anything perfect for lossless flv joining...
    No, I know this. Just going for being able to view on standalone players and PC, etc. Fortunately, FLV is usually last resort only in a few cases and joining is a bit more rare than that, too. <g>

Thanks once again, Baldrick! You're always such great help.

p.s., on a complete aside, a week ago last Sunday, I think it was, I caught Tony Robinson hosting a documentary about some festivals, or something in England, on our local PBS station. It inspired me to look into some old Black Adder DVDs from my local library and I was tickled pink watching them again. These eps I'd not seen in about 20 years so it was pretty neat. Even though your Avatar is small, it's always seemed to me to be a representation of Tony Robinson as Baldrick, and whenever I see it here in these forums, it makes me smile as he's a favourite of mine from that series.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Freemake Video Converter (requires .NET Framework):

Dang. I knew I'd at least dl it but didn't realize at the time it required .NET and so when I tried to install, got the error. Ah well, there goes that.

Any Video Converter:

p.s., I recently found out how to merge files with Any Video Converter. You load the input files, put them in correct order, right-click and choose "Merge output". Then even when you re-encode a whole bunch of files together, those grouped files come out as one file and the rest as loose files.

I tried this app just now trying to join the FLVs and I did get audio throughout this time, it's just that synch went off right after the first segment.

So that takes this one off the list, too.
    Quote Quote