VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi all,

I have a question about Softencode......my source is a stereo wave I want to encode to DD 5.1 AC3/

Is it enough to open the source stereo wave file three times ?

If so, wouldn`t SoftEncode load randomly, say for example, the original left channel to the LFE area, and will work on it ? But the Left channel doesn`t represent the entire wave original file, it`s no good to make the LFE channel "looking" only at the left channel

I guess that the LFE and Center channels should receive, as input, a mixture of the 2 original stereo channels.....

I am thinking wrong ?

Or am I going the lunatic way and it would be enough just to open the original wave 3 times ?

Well, any help will be very apreciated

Thanks so much,

Andre
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using premiere cause you can duplicate the stereo file into 6 separate tracks. Once youve done this you just pan the 1st track to only left channel (so that its mono) then the second track to the right. These now become your front R & L channels. The same can be done for the other 3 tracks and you can even increase and decrease ther volume on each separate track so when played it the audio circles the room like a jet flying by! Then you just hide all audio tracks except the one you want and export audio only and name it eg. Front Left or Rear Right.
    After you have exported 6 mono audio files just import them into there respective position in Softencode (or any other) and voila! 5.1 surround sound
    Quote Quote