VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a CD that I want to backup. The CD is almost 800 MB. I do not have large capacity blank CD, so I am thinking to make a backup copy on a DVD-R.

How can I make an exact copy of this CD on DVD. I have Nero, Alcohol and Ultra ISO. I just made a BIN file with UltraISO that is 888MB. How do I burn this BIN file to make exact copy on DVD. Do I have to write a Que file in "notepad"

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Open Nero. Select burn image. Find the .bin, burn.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've seen many time a CD image beiging bigger then the CD itse;f if thats what he's talking about, if this is the case just burn the image to a normal 700 MB CD-R !
    Quote Quote  
  4. What type of content is on this "cd" ?

VCD? Data files? Audio?
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is a data CD. Some old software CD.

I tried burning with Nero even with overburn, Nero could not burn.

Tried burning image on DVD with Nero (but Nero will only burn image on DVD if the image was made from DVD).

I could not burn it on DVD-R using UltraISO (using the Que file it made).

Any suggestions! or order 800MB CDRs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    copy the contents to 2 cd's
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    burn the actual image file(s) on to dvdR, burn daemon tools installer to dvdR too. mount image file with daemon tools from dvdR.

i've got windows xp professional w/ sp2 intergrated on a dvdR and i've also got the office 2003 professional disc image on there too, along with a bunch of good softwares/utilities.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Copying it to two CDs is a thought that I have not considered yet.

Well it is a bootable software CD. There is one folder on that CD which is not a direct part software (examples etc.). It is about 250 MB. If some how I can make image of everything else but that folder, then I can fit it standard CDR. Maybe Isobuster can do this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lumis
    burn the actual image file(s) on to dvdR, burn daemon tools installer to dvdR too. mount image file with daemon tools from dvdR.

i've got windows xp professional w/ sp2 intergrated on a dvdR and i've also got the office 2003 professional disc image on there too, along with a bunch of good softwares/utilities.
    Lumis!

Thanks for posting. You may have the answer, could you clarify your post a bit more.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    step 1) create image files from CD's

step 2) burn image files to DVDR disc

you dont really have to burn a copy of daemon tools to the DVDR, but it cant hurt just incase you take it to a friends house and he doesnt have internet access and you want to use the image files.

step 3) mount image files from DVDR with daemon tools.

daemon tools is a virtual drive emulator, you mount the disc images with it and it'll be just like you put the cd in to the drive.

you can get it at www.daemon-tools.cc
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by BJ_M
    copy the contents to 2 cd's
    [edited]...

makntraks
    In the theater of the mind...
    It's always good to know where the exits are...
    Quote Quote