VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    How do I restart from scratch?
    is there a way to reset the user dictionary to its default state?
    I mean, for example after I convert an idx/sub to an srt, once I've added some words to "the name/noise list" or to the "user dictionary",
    in which way I delete all these entries by deleting a file or pressing a button?
    Or have I to do it manually through the "settings - worldlist"?
    Last edited by maudit; 6th Mar 2022 at 19:15.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Open subtitle edit/options/settings/word lists/restore default settings.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Open subtitle edit/options/settings/word lists/restore default settings.
    thx but that "Restore Default settings" button is involving all the settings, and btw it does not clear the "User world list".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Open subtitle edit/options/settings/word lists
    click on the first item under user word list,
    scroll to the bottom, hold shift key and click the last entry on the list.
    This should have selected the entire list. Hit the remove button.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm not sure, but I came here looking for the same answer and it turns out i wasn't looking for "user dictionaries" in the Subtitle Edit parlance.

I was really looking for what they call the "Image database". This only applies when using the binary image compare ocr method.

The only way I've found to reach it is in the Import/OCR VobSub dialog when loading a picture based subtitle (vobsub etc.).

In the dialog there is an Image database selected in a drop down with a "..." (more) button to the right of it. Pressing that button will load the Image database dialog which has the edit button. After pressing edit, the list of "Image compare files" is displayed. If you have used the Binary image compare in the past and need to remove something you have added (maybe a mistake, or just trying to return to the defaults) you need to scan through that list (it will match the text you entered when using the Binary image compare method in the past), select the entry by clicking it, and then click the delete button to remove it.

As far as I am aware, there is no other way to do this and this is very frustrating.

Hopefully this will help some wayward soul who maybe stumbles this way (as i did) looking for how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jack44556677 View Post
    Hopefully this will help some wayward soul who maybe stumbles this way...
    I stumble a lot in SE, but you helped me. Thank you : )
    It wasn't me!
    Quote Quote