In the Cutting and Splitting section of VSDC, I am trying to trim and edit out sections of a video. Trimming the ends is not a problem, but trying to cut out sections in the middle is driving me nuts.

I use the cursor to find the approximate place I want to start the edit, and use the controls at the bottom to increment to the exact place I want, then I drag the cursor to the approximate place I want to end the edit, but as soon as I try to increment the end of the selection using the controls, the start of the selection moves as well.

I cannot just use the cursor to find the exact end because it is not accurate enough, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pin the start point so that it does not move when I try to increment the end. I have tried adding markers, and tried clicking the "Start selection" button, but none of it works... if I increment the end selection forward 5 seconds, the start selection also increments forward five seconds, and the cut ends up in the wrong place.

Frustrating!