VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw they had these 25 pack for $19.75 It says they are manufactured by Bencole. Are these crap or are they decent? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I was wondering the same thing and hoping somebody would comment. That is a very cheap price but I am sure they are princo or cmc mag disks. Maybe I will still give them a try and post the results if I get them.

--Nick
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I got a pack today, and so far so good. They burn well at 4x speed, I have not produced a coaster. And the best part is they are cheap! Bencole manufacturing is apparently new on the market, made in Hong Kong
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you used DVDinfo Pro on them to figure out the manufactuer code. "It works" from one person doesn't mean its a new disc and not just another rebrand of CMC. The code tells all.....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the media code I got, I don't know what that exactly means though.

Media code/Manufacturer ID-->AN31
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just cerious if anyone else tested these? So how are they??

Yay on Nay?
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have burned roughly 100 of these discs with no problems. Good buy for me! I use a Pioneer 106
    Quote Quote  
  8. DO buy!!!..they are well worth it...I have burned 75 to 100 of these with NO coaster to date!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I brought some from my local MicroCenter. The first 25 were AN32 which burned great in my Sony 510, but the disc had little scratches near the outer edge so not good for full disc burns. I then brought more that were AN31, but those would not burn at all for me, which is strange because I've used Sky DVD-R which had the same media code with no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hate to be the downer.

I purchased two hundred form MEI Micro Center at 69 cents each. Forty five discs successfully burned. Not one played back without a problem. The recorded material did not exceed 3.7 GB. The media code was AN32.

Some discs stuttered in various places.others had pixilation in scene transitions, and a group of discs kept stoppng before the end.

The burned side looked fine--no smears or defects.

Visibly, these are nice looking discs. I am sorry that they did not work in my any of my drives: two Pioneer dvr105 and one Panasonic LF D521.

I did not try these discs in my panasonic dvd recorder.

Thankfully, MEI Micro gave me a full refund.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've burned 100 of the Sky 2x media with the media code AN31, no problems yet.
    Quote Quote