VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Hey in my career with my Plextor 16/10/40 i have only burnt 2 bad cd's. One was a playtation game Loveup with Adaptec which i discontinued use of after taht day and the other was because of a power outage and my comp shut down. Your right Acer licks my f*ckin balls they make such crap. And 99 minutes Cd's are gay so bkoyle forget about using them for vcd's or svcd's cuz they are crap.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hey Evanskeeee, please tell about your plexwriter because thats what I want to be getting pretty soon. I've had an Hp Cd-writer for 2 and a half years now and its crapped out on me, not to say that the 2x tops burning speed wasn't driving me crazy anyways.
    Anywho, have you had luck with all the burning speeds, even up to 16x, and is it picky with blank media. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. dam double posts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joe-mamma on 2001-07-21 23:40:43 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  4. My how they add up fast, I've had my burner for about 1and 1/2 years and my stack is 2". Here is a list of good uses that I've used them for:

1-I've Literally used them as coasters.
    2-Christmas tree decorations
    3-Ninja Stars
    4-I've put them under cd's that I don't have cases for so they get scratched and the good cd's don't.
    5-Cover for my fish bowl
    6-Riser pads so the kitchen table isn't so wobbly
    7-I've lent them out to people who I don't trust with my cd's, I simply write the name of the band and album on it and when they bring it back saying it doens't work I just say "We'll see if I lend you another disc"

Feel free to add your own coaster uses

Remember kids:
    Reduce Reuse and Recycle
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Zip CD650 USB Interface.

1 CD-RW by Maxell, unfortunatly a 2 day power outage began as it was formatting.

6 Verbatium and TDK cd's, Lost to Direct CD closing errors. 98% of the data on these disks was recovered.

All of the Cd's I attempted to burn with Nero are coasters. They ejected early or reports only 1.85 megs used.

Probally a couple more.

Quote Quote  
  6. I have an Acer 12/8/32 that was recommended by CloneCD as the best for copying games, and it does it flawlessly. My TDK 16/10/40 couldn't copy games but I still have it in my PC for other burning. The only coasters come from making SVCD and not the fault of the burner. I just can't make good SVCDs.
    I wanted to backup my DVDs but realized that without the Surround Sound it isn't a backup or a quality movie without the great sound in newer movies and the visual quality sucks on my big screen. I hope the DVD recorders will allow the copying of the .vob directly to the DVD. The DVD media price has to get down to the price of CDR media for this to be practical though. Without Surround Sound the SVCD isn't going to work for backup unless I can get the software to make commercial SVCDs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. i put the cd in the microwave for 2 seconds, and the top layer cracked.. it was Loveed up..

*sleepy*
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've got a problem. When viewing the VCD's that i burn, they all come out purple-ish. I checked the MPG's after the conversion and they are OK. I check them with NICE-mc for winamp after the burn and they're still OK. But when i distribute to friends who also author, it's all purple. Any suggestions or hints of what could be wrong ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Guys !, why are you wasting them ?

You can spray them different colours and add a clock mechanism, I have sold loads a boot sales.

Do the call them garage sales in the US ?

These clock mechanisms are available from Maplins (UK) Tandy !! and a whole lot more.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yeah, a friend of mine did that but with old records instead of cd's.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Coasters are always good ideas, me personally....well let's just say thanksgiving time, when the entire church comes over there are plenty of coasters to around. But seriously dont' throw em off a overpass even tho yes that would be funny but not for long. throwin them off the roof is a better idea. Play sniper with ur neighbor while they are in the garden, or with the neighbors dog. You know what they should have is like a laser tag / Paintball game place that instead of guns u throw ninja stars (a.k.a. coasters) for points. You run around in the woods or in a dark room with dozens of strobes lights and go at it... also u can use those useless floppies for armor piercing artillery and Zip® disks for total annilation!! eh hmm umm I dont know if that is such a good idea anymore projectile Zip® disks could really hurt. and don't go out and say that r@yjr told u to do it either, because I won't respond to those emails. ha ha use idea at your own discretion
    r@yjr13 ¦-< what you lookin at¿ :o

¡Now selling audioly and visually challenged coasters, frisbees, and vanity mirrors!
    Quote Quote  
  12. i have been buring since may '99 i have gotten 2 coasters. one was DirectCD screwing up, and the other was Nero.

i used both for coasters.

-mark
    Quote Quote  
  13. Only 2 coasters... amature!

Oh and to the guy who was talking about the clocks, I had an idea, my brother was showing me some pics that he took on a road trip in glacier national park and I thought why not scan it, print off a cd label and use that for the face of one of the clocks you could make whatever clocks you want... and once you made enough clocks you could take over the world buahhhahahahahahahah.

Oh yeah and the vanity mirror thing was good too.
    Quote Quote  
  14. How about this...let's take all the coasters and build a robot out of it and enter it in BattleBots?
    Quote Quote  
  15. no coasters here except for those AOL cd's.... damn i liked it better when they gave out their crappy software on floppies cause at lest you could re-use those, now if only AOL would give out cdrw's......

my burner is great. 50+ burns so far and no coasters at all. btw its a lite-on 12/10/32 with burnproof.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well, i've done several fairly entertaining things with coasters.

We used them on the bottom of our pool, in some places, it actually made it get a LOT warmer, because it helps the solar cover.

When we threw out all of our old PCGamer, demo discs, etc, my brother and I each had a fight with them, he wound up unconscious.

I like gambit32's idea. I think im gonna actually try and make a robot out of CDs. Those things are pretty strong, so i'll give it a chainsaw.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know i'm going to get flamed for his but...

You could sell those "coasters" to mexicans for them to hang in thier rearview mirror!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That subway idea is cool. I think it'd also be fun to put them in CD rom trays in computer labs at a school or library or something. Then when people go to put a CD in they get this wierd CD and when they check the contents it's either nothing or some really wierd stuff they don't know anything about.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was keeping them, but when I got over 100 on a stack, I hadda toss em all cause it occured to me it was a bad sign!

So now I toss' em across the room in an effort to hit the TRASH BIN,
    waking the CAT UP

THE first COASTER I CREATED was made in a MEMOREX 2x BURNER,
    the 1620 (early adopter)-it was a philips drive rebranded-

AND I DID a burn under WINDOWS 95 just when the DAYLIGHT savings
    clock is reset...
    BILL GATES MADE MY FIRST COSTER AT 1:30 AM
    Quote Quote