VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I normally live in the U.S and I'm currently, traveling in the U.S. So being in Europe I bought two blu rays, Kingdom of Heaven and Dark City, Director's Cut. But I had no idea there was region locking at all. So the only way I watch blu rays is through my laptop. Anyone know any solutions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Connect your laptop to the tv.

Find a blu-ray player without region lock. I don't think it's that simple though.

Rip the blu-ray to your hdd and burn it on bd media...you need of course a blu-ray writer.

Or rip and convert the blu-ray to mkv or mp4 and put on usb drive and connect to your blu-ray player. If your blu-ray player supports mkv/mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Connect your laptop to the tv.

Find a blu-ray player without region lock. I don't think it's that simple though.

Rip the blu-ray to your hdd and burn it on bd media...you need of course a blu-ray writer.

Or rip and convert the blu-ray to mkv or mp4 and put on usb drive and connect to your blu-ray player. If your blu-ray player supports mkv/mp4.
    Just wondering, since I own the two blu ray movies. Can I just pirate bay them. And it would still be legal?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by slayerming2 View Post

Just wondering, since I own the two blu ray movies. Can I just pirate bay them. And it would still be legal?
    No and no
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not a layer, but I'd say it is still illegal regardless. Not to mention that advocating warez or talking about sites for obtaining warez is against the forum rules.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Just rip them to the hard drive with MakeMKV. You can get the main movie only in an MKV file, or if you want access to menus and extras, rip the entire movie using the Backup mode.

Play with PotPlayer, or Media Classic Home Cinema, but generally you won't have access to the menus without a commercial player.

The Leawo player is free now, and has limited menu capability. I have Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut and have tested it in several players and the Leawo player can handle this movie's menu fairly easily.
    Quote Quote