VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have the Hauppauge PVR-1212 and it creates .TS files, I have captured some footage and put it through videoredo to take the parts that I want and convert using Handbrake to .mp4. It was working great until I realized when I put them through sony vegas pro, that the source files resolution gets all messed up (part of the screen gets cut off), but the weird thing is, not all the files have the issue, about half of them do. I cannot directly put the .TS files into sony vegas pro because no audio will be present. Any solutions would be great.

Thanks.
    Last edited by spike32; 12th Aug 2012 at 22:48.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try remuxing the ts files as MKVs first? -> MKVMergeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. get the hauppage driver fix that fixes the sony vegas issues
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    get the hauppage driver fix that fixes the sony vegas issues

I should add that won't help your exisiting footage, just future recordings

I posted a workaround in another thread before the driver was released, it was using ffmbc to remux the streams into a MOV container which vegas accepted ok. I don't have the link handy but you should be able to find it with a quick search
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    get the hauppage driver fix that fixes the sony vegas issues

I should add that won't help your exisiting footage, just future recordings

I posted a workaround in another thread before the driver was released, it was using ffmbc to remux the streams into a MOV container which vegas accepted ok. I don't have the link handy but you should be able to find it with a quick search
    Thanks, I will try MKVMerge and FFMBC and see what happens. I probably do have that hauppauge driver fix now, I recorded this back when Darksiders came out in 2010.
    Quote Quote  
  6. mkvmerge won't help if your goal is to use this in vegas (vegas doesn't accept mkv container, at least not directly - you can frameserve through avisynth and avfs)

To be clear, the issue was with the original recordings using the older drivers. If you've processed them though something else like handbrake, I don't know how it will affect you

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/338538-Problems-with-Sony-vegas-and-my-HD-PVR-Repos...-another-forum

The steps to remux are on post #36
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    mkvmerge won't help if your goal is to use this in vegas (vegas doesn't accept mkv container, at least not directly - you can frameserve through avisynth and avfs)
    Ahhh.... not having ever used Vegas, I forgot about that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks dude, will give this a shot tomorrow when I wake up.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by spike32 View Post
    ...I have the Hauppauge PVR-1212 and it creates .TS files... put it through videoredo... convert using Handbrake to .mp4... I put them through sony vegas pro...
    Any solutions would be great
    Hi, some months later but I ended on this thread after a search, and there is something I don't understand, in both your question and the answers :
    Why don't you use HD PVR to create MP4 files instead of TS files ? You would be able to put the MP4 files and work directly in Vegas, without cutting/re-encoding like you do.
    Quote Quote