VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. pepsei: yes, this is an issue with the 1.0.1 release, which was withdrawn shortly after its release. 1.0.2 fixes this, sorry about that.

- Casey
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm trying to use the Wizard to make a very fast compilation of TV episodes. I ran into the following problems:

1) The program now accepts my Beyond TV videos after giving the warning about buffer size. The problem is that while scanning the videos it suddenly freezes on one of them. This video is the same as the rest and plays fine but the program chokes on it everytime. When I try to add this video manually by importing it the program says "video is not DVD/VCD compliant (indexing failed)".

2) The scanning takes time. No, not much time but too much time for what I am doing. I'm trying to get my time interacting with the program down to as little as possible. Load the videos, adjust a few (very few) settings and let the program go. I don't care much how long the program takes at that point, within reason. Can't the scanning happen later? It's like giving an assignment to an employee and having him stand there and do some of the work while you wait to finish telling him what to do.

3) None of the menus let me put seven, eight...maybe even fourteen episodes on one page. Ok, let's say I make my own menu. How do I save the thing?

4) Intuitiveness - I know everyone might have there own ideas about what makes a program intuitive, but I want to report my interaction with this program. I simply wanted to change the name of a chapter slightly. The name was there and I needed to chop a few letters off the front of the name. Well I clicked on the text box and nothing happened. The text box looks like what I might find in Word or other text programs so I expect to click on it and change the text. Instead I had to hunt and hunt around until I found a tab on the side labled text. I think most people would expect to be able to click on a a text box and change the text. Maybe I'm wrong but that's certainly what I expected.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dvdcomposer gone? can't find it at http://www.codejam.com/ ...
    Quote Quote