VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey everyone,

I'm converting a PAL film (DVD) to an NTSC DVD. The video is done.
    However when I use BeSweet to convert the audio, the speed is changed, but I get a clicking over the output file.

I've tried converting it to 6 wave files, and speeding each of these up in turn in GoldWave which works - but I have no idea how to encode them back to a 5.1 AC3 file.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

You need to download the newest BETA versions of both BeSweet and the BeSweetGUI

Here is the link to the BeSweet homepage:

http://dspguru.doom9.net/

If the original PAL AC-3 audio file is 5.1 then you can go straight to a new 5.1 AC-3

If the original is a 2.0 AC-3 audio file then you can go straight to a new 2.0 AC-3 audio file BUT some DVD players (mostly PIONEER models) will probably have trouble playing it back. The solution is to encode it to a WAV file first (doing the frame rate change) then either encode the WAV to LPCM sound, MP2 sound or 2.0 AC-3 using another AC-3 encoder (not BeSweet).

Again, the 2.0 AC-3 problem is mostly only with PIONEER models and they only have trouble with 2.0 AC-3 files created with BeSweet ... you will have no problems with 5.1 AC-3 files.

Good Luck

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    The "clicking" noises you here happened to me too BUT only when I was using the so-called STABLE versions of BeSweet and the BeSweetGUI. I remember DSPGuru saying that he had fixed it in the BETA versions and sure enough it has worked for me ever since.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks very much man, problem solved
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lyris
    Thanks very much man, problem solved
    You are welcomed

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote