VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I'm having audio problems with Cyberlink PD7, while I'm trying to create/edit a movie. When playing the movie in the preview box, the sound would suddenly disappear, although the picture stays and keeps playing. This occurs after approximately after less than one minute of movie play. I think the problem has become a bit more severe over time- the first time I noticed this phenomenon I was previewing the movie in a rather large project file, and only happened after say, fifteen minutes of movie play, but now it'd go silent after 30 seconds.

I've tried emailing Cyberlink about this (their response pasted below). I've tried resetting the display settings to the lower resolution as they've suggested, but the problem persists, albeit slightly less frequently (ie after several- around 3- minutes of movie play rather than 30 seconds).

And I'm not sure how to update all those sound/graphics cards/direct X etc.... I'm using a basic Dell 640m notebook with Windows Vista home premium.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Please follow the suggestions mentioned below:

Note: Make sure that you logged in as an Administrator.

(1) In order to avoid most of the compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software when you use PowerDirector.

(2) Update the Graphics card and Sound card drivers of your computer. Contact the hardware vendor or visit the web site of card manufacturers.

(3) Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

To change the display settings right click on Desktop --> select Screen resolution as 1024*768, Colour depth as 16 bit in the Settings tab --> click on "Advanced" button select Monitor refresh rate as 60 Hz in the Monitor tab then click OK --> Apply --> OK.

(4) Please close all other application while using PowerDirector for editing and burning.

(5) Update DirectX to the latest version
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DirectX can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Your laptop uses Intel integrated graphics, so you can download the latest drivers from Intel. Having suffered with Intel graphics for years on laptops, I can tell you they are about the bottom of the barrel, and are poorly suited for anything graphics based. Doubly so on a laptop the age of yours.

There is nothing you can do about the resolution and refresh rates when you have a laptop, unless you are connected to an external monitor and are happy to push all the video out to that. Otherwise you should keep your settings at whatever the native settings of the LCD panel are.

Aside from suggesting that this laptop is not ideally suited for editing video, the only other suggestions I have would be to

1. Uninstall cyberlink, reboot, clean the registry with ccleaner, reboot, then reinstall cyberlink
    2, Failing that, back up everything, and re-install windows from a clean format, and start again.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote