VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,
    I'm getting a bit tired of doing a sh*tload of work, only to have it play back at a fraction of the proper volume.
    I really do appreciate the work of those who release freeware encoders, but I'm having bad luck with them. Does anyone know of some "official" encoders... ie., ones that won't reduce my volume on play back?
    - J
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would help if you told us what the hell you were talking about. Are you trying to encode to AC-3 or MP2 or MP3 or PCM WAV or what?

What tools have you used so far that you feel are not working well for you?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Audition to create the 6 mono files, BeSweet to mux them into an AC3, then DVD-Lab Pro to mux the AC3 with video.
    BeSweet seems to lower the volume significantly, but I don't know why.
    What's also strange is that if I take the AC3 and dissect it by demuxing to the original files, the waveforms are the same as they were to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by takearushfan
    I use Audition to create the 6 mono files, BeSweet to mux them into an AC3, then DVD-Lab Pro to mux the AC3 with video.
    BeSweet seems to lower the volume significantly, but I don't know why.
    What's also strange is that if I take the AC3 and dissect it by demuxing to the original files, the waveforms are the same as they were to begin with.
    Is this a computer only issue i.e., is the volume "low" only on the computer OR also after you burn it to a DVD disc and play back on a TV?

Have you tried ffmpegGUI instead of BeSweet?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was a bug I believe in ac3enc which is now fixed, but BeSweet's plugin is still based on the older code. If you want to use BeSweet then, I would suggest using Aften for encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FulciLLives:

Hm... I've heard of ffmpegGUI many times, but never checked it out. I'll do so, thanks

celtic_druid:

I think I tried Aften and it seemed to have trouble encoding. Again, something else I have to check out. Thanks
    Quote Quote