Thread
  1. Hello,

I have this 2 files:

VIDEO:
    1980p 25fps h264 MOV with no sound
    AUDIO
    5.1 (LRCLfeRsLs) linear pcm 24 bit little endian signed integer 48000hz WAV

I need to
    get a .ts file that muxed a ac3 5.1 generic (passthrough) stream and h264 25 mbit, CBR, level 4.1 max stream

How can i do this on Mac.
    I've tried subler but when i try to save it there is no .ts option.

The reason i need this is because i need the file to play in a brightsign player and passtrough audio to a home theather setup (or any audio decoder) - because brightsign players don't decode surround.

Can anybody help me out?

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use ffmpeg - there should be some ffmpeg recent builds for Mac too.

Need to ask - is your goal to keep PCM 24 bit 5.1 audio or not, based on your description seem you need MPEG TS with:
    - video
    - audio AC3 5.1
    - audio PCM 2.0
    - audio PCM 24 bit 5.1?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanx

I need to get an .ts file with a video stream h264 (19mbit CBR LEVEL 4.1) and a AC3 STREAM (5.1 generic) in a .ts file.

I figured out that using tsmuxer i can get the .ts file but tsmuxer doesn't accept the wav input.

I've tried to cOnvert the wav file into ac3 using compressor obtaining an .ac3 file. The tsmuxer accepts this .ac3 file as an input but i get a ton of errors when i try to muxe.

So now my problem is how to convert a wav file into a ac3 that tsmuxer will accept.
    How can i do this?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by miguelmfaro View Post
    Thanx

I need to get an .ts file with a video stream h264 (19mbit CBR LEVEL 4.1) and a AC3 STREAM (5.1 generic) in a .ts file.

I figured out that using tsmuxer i can get the .ts file but tsmuxer doesn't accept the wav input.

I've tried to cOnvert the wav file into ac3 using compressor obtaining an .ac3 file. The tsmuxer accepts this .ac3 file as an input but i get a ton of errors when i try to muxe.

So now my problem is how to convert a wav file into a ac3 that tsmuxer will accept.
    How can i do this?

Thank you
    try with ffmpeg - ffmpeg -i out.wav -acodec ac3 -ab 384 -ar 48000 -ac 2 out.ac3
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try audacity as well,just need to install the ffmeg addon for ac3.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load your wav file, click main, click encode audio stream, select ac3 as encoder and 5.1 as channels, click encode.
    Done.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the replies.

I am on a mac using Catalina (MAC OS 10.15.17) so that link to ffmpeg doesn't work.

Is there another way?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Google for ffmpeg for mac and download the newest release.
    Then execute

ffmpeg -i your.wav -c:a ac3 -ab 448k -ar 48000 -ac 6 out.ac3
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by miguelmfaro View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I am on a mac using Catalina (MAC OS 10.15.17) so that link to ffmpeg doesn't work.

Is there another way?
    Try one of this:
    https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/#ffmpeg
    https://github.com/eugeneware/ffmpeg-static
    https://www.osxexperts.net/

ffmpeg way is fastest way - single binary and usually no dependecies
    Quote Quote  
  11. I managed to get it to work finally!

All done in MAC OS VENTURA

1.I used Audacity to convert wav to ac3
    1.1. need to install the ffmpeg libraries (you can find links it on the Audacity web page)
    1.2 Pay attention that you need to go to Audacity preferences import/export and select use advanced mixing options (if not it will downmix the 5.1 wav to a stereo mix)

2. Used tsmuxergui to join the video file with the converted ac3 (5.1 surround) into a ts file.

It is a simple solution but i never expected to get so long to get it (tried a bunch of different stuff before)

Thanx
    Quote Quote