Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by tgc225
    So what are the exact differences between these three:

Ritek DVD-R Red/White wrapped - $42.99

Ritek DVD-R Ridata Purple Spindle - $30.00

Ritek DVD-R Silver Matte Top - $35.00

I've seen conflicting reports on various message boards (like the silver matte top being grade B or something), and I just would like a definitive answer
    No one knows?

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Relative to matters already discussed here, I just started a new thread on *visible* disk defects, "Visible Ritek defects..."
    Ken Peterson / Peterson TechSystems
    Portland, OR

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Orange top G04s from AllMediaOutlet giving same issues, gonna return those. Grr, why did Ritek have to start sucking all of a sudden?

Hopefully Best Buy will still have the Verbatim Datamovie discs that are on sale...

4. These "Genuine Ritek Ridata G04 Super Grade 4X DVD-R 4.7GB (Ridata Branded)" from Meritline is not very good at all.

I had bought Ritek Printable G04, and Ritek G04 Red Plastic Wrapped, but they all worked pretty good each I burn, and scan test was all good.

These new G04 Ridata Branded with Arrow Logo on it is very good. You can notice there is lighter ring in the center of media before you burn, and you can notice it much better after you burn.
    This problem never exist in the G04 Printable & G04 Red Plastic Wrapped.
    I had to scan every disc now to make sure there are no unreadable sector on it, and I will post the picture later today.

Also, I heard someone actually called Ritek USA and asked them if they sell defect (RMA) products to users! Do you think they are going to tell you "YES". If you think they are being so honest, then you are a total retard.

Are there are any reliable DVD media? It seems DVD media has so many problems now. I didn't have to worry about this with CD media.

Search Comp PM
    HorseHockey!

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by twinegar
    Capmaster wrote:
    You burn over 33 a day? How is the bootlegging business, by the way?
    You assume a lot and offer nothing to the discussion.
    My business is NON OF YOUR BUSINESS anyway!!
    It could be , if u the pirate and he da coppa
    You obviously aren't familiar with this forum's sense of humor. I suggest you get used to it.
    nuf said

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    500AX is actually correct, I have been in communication with both Ritek Taiwan and a major wholesaler of unbranded ritek media in taiwan. Both have confirmed that certain brands on the market are indeed rebranded C and D grade media.

The only way to make sure you are getting genuine A Grade riteks is to contact ritek and get a list of their "Official" resellers for your country. If you buy from anyone other than an official reseller you run the risk of getting fakes.

This is not to say that all other shops are selling fakes, some of them are buying from the official resellers, but some are not. You decide how much risk you want to take.

Joe89

Search Comp PM
    Basiclly isnt all the those red wrap/white letter shrink wrapped paq's that are RiData and Ritek the grade A stuff. I get nothing but the RiData G04 red/white wrap paq's here (Canada) and they have been very good (both pearl/matte tops and the printables white tops). They normally cost a little more then the other types of Ritek media that are bulk paq'd. SO is the red/white shrink wrap paq's the only sure way of getting grade A Ritek's...

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I received 100 G04 branded with the arrow from Meritline the same day this thread was posted so I was kind of shitting a brick but, they seem to be working fine.

10. Here is the offical annoucement from Ritek USA regarding this issue. You can check the original at http://www.ritekusa.com/abpress_news.asp?news=7. SuperMediaStore.com is one of the authorized distributors of Ritek products. Check here http://www.ritekusa.com/abwheretobuy.asp. As always, we provide 60 day money back gurantee for all Ritek DVD media.

06/15/2004 Beware of What You Read in Online Forums

All RIDATA-Brand DVD and CD Optical Discs are Manufactured Under A Host of Strict Quality Guidelines

In response to an erroneous Internet posting, officials from RITEK Corporation, one of the world’s largest optical media manufacturers, and its subsidiary Advanced Media, Inc., (RITEKUSA) would like to clarify that the company does not resell any returned DVD or CD optical discs. RITEK packages its high quality discs in various packaging including purple cake boxes and red poly-wrapped spindles.

“We are pleased with the strong global consumer demand for high quality RITEK products,” stated Frank Yeh, VP of Sales and Marketing for Advanced Media (RITEK USA). “It is 100% against company policy to market inferior or returned material. Our quality control measures are such that the quantity of returned product does not amount to a large enough volume to make the repackaging of such items economically feasible.”

The company has been recently mentioned in an online forum that accused the company of selling DVD-R discs that had been returned from Office Depot stores. “In response to this particular posting,” said Yeh, “we have not as yet begun to place product at any Office Depot location. So it is impossible for there to be RIDATA RMAs from Office Depot stores.” The companies’ RIDATA-brand discs are all shipped new and unused to retailers directly from manufacturing plants.

Company officials urge customers who have any doubts to the validity of any RIDATA/RITEK product to contact the company’s customer service department toll free at (800) 823-2505 or via e-mail at support@ritekusa.com.

“We remind retailers and end users that comments found on web site forums, such as the one in question here, are not necessarily accurate, or written by a knowledgeable individual,” commented Yeh. “Many times, someone whose only intent is to cause harm to a company will post such material.”

He added, “For years, RITEK has been defining and redefining the optical storage market. Around the world, our RIDATA name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and unparalleled consistency. Our commitment to quality control is proven by our QS 9000, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 9002, and Six Sigma certifications.”

11. Thanks for all your efforts Supermedia. I for one consider this rumor closed. Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately others will try to keep them alive.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=226654
    Still a few bugs in the system...

12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Supermediastore.....you are a pices of art! Frank is VP of Sale (don't know about this market at all), who was hired by local president Thomas Tsai (no longer with company). Frank's assistance Carol Yang, feel free to check with her to see what is out there and what was deal that had with office max. Frank had instructed Carol Yang to contact all of her on lines customers who could dump all those return products from office max due to quality and more.... issues, so Carol started the offer to supermediastore, meritline, and more companies locally here in California. Take a look of this link:

http://www.ritekusa.com/ebpage.asp?page=ebpromo

They need to clean up their inventory from office max's return, like I said eariler, the more these on line companies sell, more rebate they will get!

After my post, supermediastore owner Micheal Liu called up Carol and started complaint about this whole situation about my post and other's complaints. Well, in order to keep customer happy and also cover up their duty work, Carol and Frank had decided to write a little story to make you all "comfortable" and make micheal not to cry no more......Think about it guys, when was last time Ritek had ever posted anything on their site, if wasn't because of this shit just hit the fan here! Secondly, I had given you guys an email to contact their headquarter in Taiwan to find out whether or not what kind of product is B grade and C grade right? well go find out yourselve! wake up you all, this whole things are set up by their local office (Frank doesn't know about this market, and in order to cover this mess and crying story from micheal and others, Carol had asked Frank to come out with a little note on their site to prove whatever is going on and not to believe what you see on site) By the way, don't you think it is funny that you only see suerpmediastore on Ritek's site, but not others like meritline.com shop4tech.com rima.com and more.... why is only supermediastore?

Ritek had lost several deals already with their OEM customers because Ritek USA had tried to do business directly with retail stores so they could cut off everyone out there and deal directly with us (users), which pissed off many major OEM customers of theirs like Sony, TDK, and more. However, shit happened they don't know how to run their business by messing up the quality and more with retail stores. Please feel free to check with Ritek USA to see if what I am saying here is true or not! By the way, Joe889 had send the mails to Taiwan and check it out what he had said!

:Joe89

Posted: Jun 21, 2004 09:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

500AX is actually correct, I have been in communication with both Ritek Taiwan and a major wholesaler of unbranded ritek media in taiwan. Both have confirmed that certain brands on the market are indeed rebranded C and D grade media.

The only way to make sure you are getting genuine A Grade riteks is to contact ritek and get a list of their "Official" resellers for your country. If you buy from anyone other than an official reseller you run the risk of getting fakes.

This is not to say that all other shops are selling fakes, some of them are buying from the official resellers, but some are not. You decide how much risk you want to take.

Joe89

Supermediastore, I had told you already that I am from this industry, don't mess around with me, I know every single move and trick that you are about to do here ok!

13. Where's superbs's mediastores response now? People love to challenge excellent info on forums. Surprised you even wasted your time 500AX. I wouldn't of wasted mine. I have some inside info regarding Ritek as well but I wouldn't of bothered posting it here. I have no problem offering help on something people can actually find out for themselves but I know enough to realize that when you've got connections and someone else doesn't they will B.S like there's no tomorrow.

They'll say "they've emailed someone" and are awaiting a response, etc, etc, etc. Yawnnnnnn

I've seen it enough. Then you gotta start giving names and facts which you were asked not to do so it just isn't worth it. You also don't wanna believe everything you read, but there was enough factual info in your early posts for people to decipher what you were saying had validity.

Too many wannabe chiefs and not enough Indians here. I still enjoy the forum and think it's great to exchange information on various topics but there's no reason to give any more info then need be. With that being said, I know for a fact that 500AX is not 90% correct but 100% correct and anyone that's either too stubborn or ignorant deserved what they got and what they'll continue to get.

I wouldn't of even commented now if it wasn't for supermediastores outright lie. I can't even believe that had the audacity to post those straight up lies here. Guess they thought you were all fools. Yep, that must of been it. Figured the big ole' "supermedia" nic was gonna throw the wool over your eyes. Didn't realize who they were dealing with though, did they? heh

Maybe when forum administration wises up and realizes that the ones who are offering invaluable info to others and then get bashed from mainly the most brainless posters just because they have no clue what they're talking about so they wanna make it seem like you don't either. Then when you respond to protect others on the board from getting shafted because you have the legitimate info so you respond, you are the one who gets the bad rap.

Well, you were right "chaos" and the others, it was just a rumor, heh, boy o boy.

P.S 500AX you shouldn't of posted names but it won't really matter much, Carol doesn't know who "500AX" is.

Search Comp PM
    Wow 500AX, you are famous! Maybe I should start a rumor and I too will be part of a PC hardware manufacturer's newspage (joke).

Now, seriously, I don't believe your conspiracy theories. And I think your writing style is a little too chaotic to get much in the way of exact details or facts. Nonetheless, your posts have accomplished a lot. They have caused me to never again even think about buying Ritek media. Even if they aren't exactly committing fraud, they are obviously selling a terrible product with an inlfated reputation.

For example, imagine someone came on this board and accused Taiyo Yuden or Maxell of selling RMA'ed discs. They would most likely be laughed off the forum in a day because there would be a flood of users posting how satisfied they were with the 100% no coaster burn rates with these media. Similarly, imagine someone made a similar accusation of PRINCO, some people may get pissed but I think the general response would be "that is what you get for buying PRINCO".

Ritek is different. They have, deservedly or not gained a very good reputation up to 2004. And suddenly someone accuses the company of this kind of mischief. All these posters come out not to defend Ritek as being perfect media but sharing their bad experiences with defective spindles. Suddenly, this rumor makes a lot of sense. How else could a company get so bad? There are many logical answers, for example the company decided to unleash crap to make some cash, or they neglected QA. The end result is the same, a company who has tarnished their good name, in my eyes forever.

Bad Ritek discs should never have made it to SupermediaStore or NewEgg or wherever. A company that fucks you over once dosn't deserve your business again. Maxell sells their discs, not promising GRADE A media or AUTHORIZED RITEK DEALER type stuff. They don't have to deal this BS. That is because they have a factory in Japan that is quietly churning out practically-PERFECT media and their name speaks for themselves. Ritek's name will always remind me of your post 500AX and their crappy media. Thanks!

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 500AX
    Well, in order to keep customer happy and also cover up their duty work,
    Bull-*******-shit.

No company that wants to stay in business would do anything of the sort.

A RITEK press release goes a lot farther than you looking up the heirarchy of command somewhere. You've now degraded to name-dropping. Good one.

I seriously think Baldrick should lock this whole thing up and put it in the special access forum, as well as censor the hell out of DVDeez and 500AX in a few other places, as it's just going to put him in danger. Opinions are one thing, but circulating rumors is probably opening him up to legal action.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

Search Comp PM
    500AX..you must have a reason or intent for actions/comments against Ritek. Exactly what are they?...and what are you trying to prove?

17. well this is my second 100 spindle of these branded ridatas from rima.com and all i can say is they suck.TesteD on two different pc's and three different burners. Pioneer 104, 105, and 106. When trying got burn with dvd decryptor the disk would just constantly spin trying to write the lead in, but would eventually time out with an error message.AVOID THESE DISKS AT ALL COST.

18. thanks for opening this thread back up Baldrick. This is where this should be. Obviously he cares alot more about the people on this forum then the companies that are selling this crap. Boy, lordsmurf must get compensated from supermediastore nicely. No wonder they support them while they could care less about rima and newegg, mertiline or shop4tech.

Newegg gets one negative response for countless positive responses on this forum, but smurf don't care for them.

It's pretty obvious smurf, you couldn't make it look more obvious if you tried. Anyone with any common sense whatsoever can figure that out.

The facts on this Ritek issue are right there, of course you wouldn't know about any of it as your posts are 90% opinionated as it is. You have no contacts with Ritek, and i'd doubt anywhere other then supermediastore, and my post yesterday was directed at you.

Stop talking about knowing someone here and there and waiting for an email from someone you claim to know. You don't know anyone, and if you do pm me with the name and I won't wait for an eternity for an email, I'll find out how full of shit you really are. You and supermediastore have a few things in common.

It's no coincidence that damn near everyone that did purchase these Riteks has gotten royally screwed. That's just a coincidence though right smurf?

Yea, the forum members really value "your" opinion, that's why the majority of them have bought and still currently buy from newegg and rima among others. I don't doubt that some respect your views on certain things, 5000 posts, i'd think some are meaningful. But i'd hope for their sake they can see through your b.s and backing or supermediastore here and read the FACTS, which are far from rumors.

P.S. How's that nakedgeek networks media smurf? It must be great if it's associated with your site. You have so many loyal fans on this site, but why did the majority of them feel the need to bash nakedgeek and their products? That goes against all your loyal forum followers, doesn't it. You should scold them for getting that honest guy banned, but he isn't banned on "your" site and that's all that counts, right?

19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Careful dissing Smurf, he da daddy, ya might get banned ....

Everyone know www.nomorecoasters.org is the best media site on the web.

20. You know personally, I've never had any problems with the Riteks I have used. Then again I have only used the orange/landscaped topped ones. I also but them from PCclub for $19 for 25....Only had one coaster and that was my fault. This after hearing they were grade C or print-overs or what ever...they worked for me. I'd still be using them if I didn't have my Epson R200. I went with ProDiscs because of price/value on printables
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.

21. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVDeeZ
    P.S. How's that nakedgeek networks media smurf? It must be great if it's associated with your site. You have so many loyal fans on this site, but why did the majority of them feel the need to bash nakedgeek and their products? That goes against all your loyal forum followers, doesn't it. You should scold them for getting that honest guy banned, but he isn't banned on "your" site and that's all that counts, right?
    They didn't get him banned. He got himself banned.

When someone is banned, it's not something put up for a vote by members. If he violates AUP rules, and he did, he's either yellow-carded, or, at the discretion of the moderator, he could be banned.

Plus, the guy was a scam artist, cleverly sidestepped direct inquiries about his product from Lordsmurf, just flat out lied about the factories where he makes his product, and spent several posts backpedaling once he knew he had "pissed in the fan" when he started trying to bullshit Lordsmurf and the other knowledgeable members here. He thought he could swoop in, leave some slick spam, and answer posts with slick salesman-speak. Lordsmurf and others got technical on his ass, exposed him for the huckster he was, and left him frantically trying to save face. It was one of my favorite threads of all time

22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I seriously think Baldrick should lock this whole thing up and put it in the special access forum, as well as censor the hell out of DVDeez and 500AX in a few other places, as it's just going to put him in danger. Opinions are one thing, but circulating rumors is probably opening him up to legal action.
    Funny, you jump on this to be removed from public yet you were perfectly happy to be involved in libelous rumours about Naked-Geek media. Double standards me thinks.

You are an ass, always have been an ass and I suspect always will be. Your site is nothing but opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

23. Guest
    Originally Posted by Bix
    Originally Posted by Jacob Grenoble
    What is RMA?
    Return Merchandise Authorization
    It means they were returned so someone else likely had problems with them.

24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Capmaster

When someone is banned, it's not something put up for a vote by members. If he violates AUP rules, and he did, he's either yellow-carded, or, at the discretion of the moderator, he could be banned.

Plus, the guy was a scam artist, cleverly sidestepped direct inquiries about his product from Lordsmurf, just flat out lied about the factories where he makes his product, and spent several posts backpedaling once he knew he had "pissed in the fan" when he started trying to bullshit Lordsmurf and the other knowledgeable members here. He thought he could swoop in, leave some slick spam, and answer posts with slick salesman-speak. Lordsmurf and others got technical on his ass, exposed him for the huckster he was, and left him frantically trying to save face. It was one of my favorite threads of all time
    Again capmaster, you manage to astound the world with your ass licking.

Firstly, Naked Geek never broke any forum rules whatsoever, the ban against him was completely unjustified. He had 2 accounts, one was old and he lost the password, that was Paladine, that is why he registered the new account. Secondly, all the posts that people were saying were made by him under a false login, we not, they were posted by real users and real customers. It is the mods of this board who are the liars if they persist on this bs story about naked geek.

He also contacted Baldrick over a week before his media was ever mentioned on this forum about advertising, and received no reply. He never once spammed his media, the media list is there for everyone to post. Several times in the past couple of months have his customers attempted to list the media again, and each time the media has been deleted.

Naked Geek media continues to sell very well and continues to test very well, so obviously he was not a scam. He also deals with customer services enquiries impeccably.

In fact people are so impressed with his media that he has companies all over europe wanting to resell it. I keep my ear to the ground and look at the world with open eyes, not blinkered, narrowminded, self opinionated vision like certain people on this forum.

Now I will see myself get banned, but hey, it was worth it.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgc225
    Originally Posted by tgc225
    So what are the exact differences between these three:

Ritek DVD-R Red/White wrapped - $42.99

Ritek DVD-R Ridata Purple Spindle - $30.00

Ritek DVD-R Silver Matte Top - $35.00

I've seen conflicting reports on various message boards (like the silver matte top being grade B or something), and I just would like a definitive answer
    No one knows?

Just a question. If all Ritek media that are sold are all suppose to be Grade A only. Then why is it that the RiData red wrap/white letter paq's almost always cost more then the other Ritek media that are sold online even tho they dont even come with a cake spindle, just loose wrap in the shrink. Wouldnt the cake spindle cost more money.

26. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Joe89
    Originally Posted by Capmaster

Again capmaster, you manage to astound the world with your ass licking.

Firstly, Naked Geek never broke any forum rules whatsoever, the ban against him was completely unjustified. He had 2 accounts, one was old and he lost the password, that was Paladine, that is why he registered the new account. Secondly, all the posts that people were saying were made by him under a false login, we not, they were posted by real users and real customers. It is the mods of this board who are the liars if they persist on this bs story about naked geek.

He also contacted Baldrick over a week before his media was ever mentioned on this forum about advertising, and received no reply. He never once spammed his media, the media list is there for everyone to post. Several times in the past couple of months have his customers attempted to list the media again, and each time the media has been deleted.

Naked Geek media continues to sell very well and continues to test very well, so obviously he was not a scam. He also deals with customer services enquiries impeccably.

In fact people are so impressed with his media that he has companies all over europe wanting to resell it. I keep my ear to the ground and look at the world with open eyes, not blinkered, narrowminded, self opinionated vision like certain people on this forum.

Now I will see myself get banned, but hey, it was worth it.
    And you call me an ass-licker? Do you work for Naked Geek now? Sounds like it :P

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Joe89
    Firstly, Naked Geek never broke any forum rules whatsoever, the ban against him was completely unjustified. It is the mods of this board who are the liars if they persist on this bs story about naked geek.
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I banned Naked Geek. I got tired of reading his whining. Best decision I ever made.

Now I will see myself get banned
    Hm......you just gave me a great idea!

Edit: Hey. someone locked this while I was posting