VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I did run into a little problem, can't figure this one out:
    I copied a blu-ray content on the HDD with SlySoft's Any DVD HD/BD. Media Coder loads and detects the .m2ts file and sees 3 audio tracks (DTS English, AC3 Spanish and AC3 French), but when I encode and select the audio tracks works with #353 Spanish AC3 and #354 French AC3 but there's no audio after conversion if I pick #353 English DTS. maybe some plugin is missing or there's a conflict btwn the tracks? I noticed that the Spanish and the English Track # are the same, and if I don't pick a track, the Spanish gets encoded by default.

It works perfectly with the HD camcorders's .m2ts files, since there's only one audio track.

TX for any tips and suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I play back the m2ts file with Nero Showtime or Power DVD, there's no English (DTS) audio track available. Do I need a separate DTS codec installed, or it wasn't ripped correctly by AnyDVD?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you ever managed to playback any DTS audio on your computer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only way I can choose and hear the english (DTS) track if I play the blu-ray disc with Power DVD.
    I can't get the English (DTS) track played with any anything from the ripped m2ts file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    GeeForce11 wrote:

or it wasn't ripped correctly by AnyDVD?
    Not impossible. Time for trying an other application, I guess.
    (and BTW, I suppose MediaCoder is not a good choice.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which other application do you recommend instead of AnyDVD?

MediaCoder seems like an easy program to use and I can make simple and perfect encodings, just the way i like it with the other 2 AC3 audio tracks, but not with DTS track. Which other program do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Which other application do you recommend instead of AnyDVD?
    DVDFab HD Decrypter

MediaCoder seems like an easy program to use and I can make simple and perfect encodings,
    just the way i like it with the other 2 AC3 audio tracks, but not with DTS track.
    Which other program do you recommend?
    Depends on the file format you're intending to convert to...

https://www.videohelp.com/tools

\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention before, I want to convert the blu-ray ripped m2ts to XviD/MP3 encoded Avi files. Which converters (encoders) are most commonly used?

So far I'm able to play/encode the blu-ray ripped m2ts file's video and AC3 tracks with MediaCoder, but not the DTS track, it cannot be played or encoded. Why does PowerDVD play back the DTS track when I play the blu-ray disc and it cannot play back the ripped m2ts file's DTS track? Is there a DTS Codec i have to install? Other programs that can read/play/extract/convert the DTS track from the m2ts file?

TX for your help and input.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I achieved so far: VirtualDubMod encodes to XviD the video stream of the m2ts file, but it cannot encode the DTS audio track so I can create an avi file encoded with XviD/DTS audio direct stream copy from the m2ts and the file is playable with WMP or any media player. The audio stream (DTS) of the new avi file is too big to my liking (approx 3GB for 90 min movie), and even though is playable with any media player, Media Coder still cannot encode the audio of this avi file, but AutoMKV can encode it to AC3 the audio stream of the avi file, and the end result is XviD/AC3 avi file playable with any media player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think this should be moved to Blu-Ray to AVI forum, since there are new forums created.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just see a tab below on the audio selection known as audio id
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The DTS stream didn't play from the m2ts file, but the same exact stream plays from the avi created with VirtualDubMod after encoding the video stream with XviD and direct stream copy of the master audio track. I needed only the master audio track, wasn't interested in the others in different languages. I encoded(demuxed) the audio from this avi file to AC3 with MediaCoder and then muxed it back to the video stream with VDubMod and got what I originally wanted.

Some BD discs have 2 audio streams in English: DTS master and other AC3. These play well from the m2ts in english, but i think only the AC3 stream plays automatically and not the DTS. From what i noticed, the movies that have only one english track (Master DTS), from m2ts will automatically play the other AC3 track in another language.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I experience this problem too. Frequently, when other media players will play back the "main" audio, Power DVD always plays back the director's commentary as well. I don't understand it and trying to use Cyberlink's help system is a waste of time. The ARROGANCE of these companies. Youi pay for their software. You fil in their tortuous help forms and then despite providing your registration key and email address they want copies of your sales invoice or proof of purchase. They are con men and thieves
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Repeat after me:

"Don't use payware for doing what freeware can do better."
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So tell me the freeware that plays Blu-Ray, m2ts, ts or HD files "better" thatn PowerDVD?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, even my outdated version of MPC can open .ts, .m2ts and VC-1 stuff.
    [s:b906d9f01b]I suppose VLC knows how to do the trick too.[/s:b906d9f01b]
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, no. no. no. no. Not so simple. Try it!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use WMP, PowerDVD, VLC, Elecard and Crystal (vastly underrated - try it!) and which plays what is a lottery
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Are you talking about MPC or VLC?
    I have just checked the web site of this latter, found not a word about Blu-Ray,
    that's why I've just corrected my previous post.
    As for PowerDVD, I will never use it only because it's overbloated.
    As for WMP, I did manage to uninstall it several months ago. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  20. I've found, like Midzuki, that MPC plays some .ts and m2ts properly

What is your final goal? Leave as .m2ts for playback?

Sometimes demuxing into raw streams with tsMuxeR, and then putting them into an .mkv works. Other times, its the DTS file that is the culprit and needs to changed to AC3, depending on software player (using eac3to or other audio encoders, you still keep 6-channel).
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC (sometimes) plays HD ts files. PowerDVD may be (no - IS) bloated but it is (sometimes) the only thing that works. (Sometimes) when other players stutter and stumble, PowerDVD has the "power" to play but it can be as difficult as hell about audio despite displaying every audio format logo you can think of on its opening screen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can play back the ripped m2ts files with PowerDVD, NeroShowtime and ZoomPlayer (need Haali Splitter to be installed, it came with Combined Community Codec Pack I installed), but none of them seem to play back the Master DTS-HD uncompressed track, but the next available AC3 track. VLC or MPC doesn't play it for me.

I demuxed the master DTS-HD track with xport and encoded with EAC3to to AC3 which can be muxed with any encoded video.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think that only now and at last I'm beginning to understand the problem...

GeeForce had written:

The only way I can choose and hear the english (DTS) track if I play the blu-ray disc with Power DVD.
    I can't get the English (DTS) track played with any anything from the ripped m2ts file.
    Why does PowerDVD play back the DTS track when I play the blu-ray disc and it cannot play back the ripped m2ts file's DTS track?
    "Quite probably" because DTS, Inc. wants so.

Still,

The DTS stream didn't play from the m2ts file, but the same exact stream plays from the avi created with VirtualDubMod after encoding the video stream with XviD and direct stream copy of the master audio track.
    There seems to be an "escape route"... outside of the m2ts container, I mean.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the DTS stream and convert with eac3to :

eac3to "c:\videos\audio.dts" "c:\videos\audio.ac3" -sonic -640 or

eac3to "c:\videos\audio.dts" "c:\videos\audio.ac3" -libav -640
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Midzuki
    "Quite probably" because DTS, Inc. wants so.
    Originally Posted by Midzuki
    There seems to be an "escape route"... outside of the m2ts container, I mean.
    That's what I had in my mind too (just wasn't sure) for the problem that the EXACTLY SAME DTS-HD Audio Track DOES NOT play back from m2ts, but it DOES from AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having the same difficulties right now. With me, i demuxed the main feature. I then tested the dts-hd audio track and it played flawlessly in powerdvd. Now, when i go to mux it with the video, it somehow messes up. Powerdvd plays it back with no audio to be heard and windows media player, if forced to play the file, will play the audio but it is stuttery as heck and then crashes.
    Quote Quote