VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I 'm trying to set up MPC-BE to work with HDR in Windows. I want to use the MPC renderer. My only problem is that, when playing a file, the properties (ctrl+j) always show input format color range as 16-235 not 0-255 and display as "windowed", even in full screen.

The monitor is set up properly within NVIDIA settings as full range native 10bit - it's a Samsung Neo g7. Should it be showing like this or am I doing something wrong? Here's a screenshot - this happens on any HDR file. Any help would be appreciated.

[Attachment 69404 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is information of source video file that it is 16-235, not the display output range. 99,99 % of all video files are 16-235 and converted on the fly to 0-255 if you use a pc monitor or TV in PC mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you, that solves the more distracting issue. Can you advise, though, my Bavarian friend, why is it showing as windowed in the display section?
    Quote Quote  
  4. This informs you about how the renderer is set up. It is either windowed or fullscreen. In stock settings it is always windowed also when you toggle to fullscreen mode with doubleclick on video or press ALT + ENTER, it is just like in games on PC "windowed fullscreen".
    Try this:
    Play a mediafile -> rightclick on video -> Filters -> MPC Video Renderer -> on the right, below swap effect Enable Use exclusive fullscreen -> It will show fullscreen instead of windowed when being in fullscreen mode
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you so much! MY OCD is finally satisfied. Your help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote