VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys,

I currently study mixed martial arts and have been given permission to download training video clips from Revver to then put onto my mp4 player.

My problem is that when i download these clips they are in .mov format and i have tried with so many programs but i simply cannot convert these files into an .avi format so that my mp4 player will play them. it's almost like there is some crazy coding that conversion utilities can't understand!

If anyone has any help for me it would be really appreciated as i have posted a similar question on the Revver forum and no-one seems to know how to help!!

Many thanks,

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you searched in the tools section? A search for MOV to AVI gives these 13 results:
    link

I believe that there is some plugin to open MOV in the latest version of VirtualDub but I haven't tried it myself.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Super Encoder to convert mov direct to the format your mp4 player understands. If this is not possible, then convert mov to avi using Super Encoder and then use the official encoder of your mp4 player to convert avi to mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you bought one of those cheap China made "MP4" players that probably cost something like 60-70 pounds, you should be aware that some of them don't really play what the rest of the world calls MP4. They have very strict requirements for the video that they will play. If you have documentation with your player, it should tell you what resolutions and codecs it supports.
    Some of these players simply won't play video unless it has the right resolution and the right video format. The correct name for the video format that these players support is AMV and MP4 is just an outright lie to sell the player to unsuspecting customers.
    Quote Quote