VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Pinnacle AV/DV PCI capture card installed in my computer. I have never used it all this time. Had intended on needing it at some point. I currently run a i7 6700K computer with Windows 10. I run Premiere Elements 15 for my video program. I also have ability to use Premiere Pro CC 2017. Will either of those two programs support capture off my old 2006 Pinnacle capture card? The computer recognizes the card and has installed the drivers, but I couldn't see any mention of the card in Premiere. Does a vcr or camera have to be connected for it to show up/ be recognized in the program? How good is the card I have for S-VHS and ED Beta? I have a digital TBC unit I can plug in between to clean up the video. I also have a JVC S-VHS deck with the DNR/TBC option. My Panasonic AG1980 also has this, but that vcr I haven't tested for operation yet. It may not work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may want to ask at the Pinnacle forum:
    http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/242/ShowForum.aspx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    I have a Pinnacle AV/DV PCI capture card installed in my computer. I have never used it all this time. Had intended on needing it at some point. I currently run a i7 6700K computer with Windows 10. I run Premiere Elements 15 for my video program. I also have ability to use Premiere Pro CC 2017. Will either of those two programs support capture off my old 2006 Pinnacle capture card? The computer recognizes the card and has installed the drivers, but I couldn't see any mention of the card in Premiere. Does a vcr or camera have to be connected for it to show up/ be recognized in the program? How good is the card I have for S-VHS and ED Beta? I have a digital TBC unit I can plug in between to clean up the video. I also have a JVC S-VHS deck with the DNR/TBC option. My Panasonic AG1980 also has this, but that vcr I haven't tested for operation yet. It may not work.
    I have an old XP computer with Pinnacle Studio installed. That version of Studio came with a pci card that has s-video and composite video inputs. If I remember correctly it won't work on anything newer than XP.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the drivers are working for this card (or at least show up as installed in the Device Manager), you could see if you can use Virtual Dub to capture video from it. I suspect that will work, I've got a very old (1996!) Compro Videomate tuner/capture card that I was gonna toss, but turns out it works great for Laserdisc capture if I use Virtual Dub and the huffYUV codec (lossless compression), then save/convert to whatever formats later. Now admittedly I'm a cheapskate so there are few steps needed to get everything working but not really a serious hassle, but for S-VHS and ED Beta resolution (not HD), you can get very decent quality for zero bucks.
    Quote Quote